• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help needed! Life policy holder is incapacitated - we are beneficiaries - payment due

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SFkid

Hello - Im in California. My mother in law is gravely ill and fully incapacitated. She is not expected to pull through. My wife is the sole beneficiary of a 100k Life policy (not yet sure of the type) that she paid quarterly with a check. We did not have any power of attorney in place as this was a suprise (please plan!!) and it appears the paymeny is due now. I wanted to ask some advice before contacting the Ins Co. "Life Investors Insurance Company of America" in Cedar Rapids, NE. We do not want to jeopardize this policy, but we're not sure how to approach the company about paying on her behalf, etc. Thank you so much...I know my own policy is liberal with these sorts of things, but I am somewhat suspicious on the industry in general. I have the account #, etc and the date of last payment, check # etc....but need advice ASAP!!!

Thanks again!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello - Im in California. My mother in law is gravely ill and fully incapacitated. She is not expected to pull through. My wife is the sole beneficiary of a 100k Life policy (not yet sure of the type) that she paid quarterly with a check. We did not have any power of attorney in place as this was a suprise (please plan!!) and it appears the paymeny is due now. I wanted to ask some advice before contacting the Ins Co. "Life Investors Insurance Company of America" in Cedar Rapids, NE. We do not want to jeopardize this policy, but we're not sure how to approach the company about paying on her behalf, etc. Thank you so much...I know my own policy is liberal with these sorts of things, but I am somewhat suspicious on the industry in general. I have the account #, etc and the date of last payment, check # etc....but need advice ASAP!!!

Thanks again!!!
Mail a check in with the acct # information included on the memo line - can't hurt to enclose a cover letter which also references the information. The insurance company doesn't really care WHERE the payment comes from...

Betty

I worked for a life ins. co. & I agree with Zigner - the ins. co. doesn't care where the money for the prem. is coming from - just be sure it gets paid before the grace period elapses.

Dandy Don

Just as a side note, please ask mother in law if she knows where the policy is (did she receive a copy) and whether she purchased it through an insurance agent (get the name and address of the agent, if she remembers) or on her own.

Dandy Don

Hope it was an innocent typo that you made--according to their website, this company is located in Cedar Rapids, IOWA and not Nebraska.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">