• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to be fair...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

If he is not paying support in my opinion he should be doing all the picking up and returning but in reality I am sure that is not gonna happen sooooo if he is not showing up and you dont have a CO why not tell him he can pick the kids up from you and then you can go get the kids from him. That way IF he dont show within 30-45 minutes of his pick up time you know hes not coming and your not 2 hrs away with upset kids....

No matter if you do half the driving the kids will still be in the cars the same amount of time.. Just half in one and half in the other...
That isn't really workable either. If dad works until 5, that means he can't pick up the kids until 9-10 PM on Friday, and would be getting back to his home at 2-3 in the morning with them. Then mom would have to pick them up by early afternoon to get them home at a reasonable hour on Sunday. That would actually shorten the amount of quality time that dad could spend with the kids on his weekends.

KidzMom

How about if he HAS to call the day before he is to get the kids to confirm. If he don't call then you don't go. Get it in writing with him that if you go and he don't show then he will have to reimburse you for your time and gas and any expenses :) plus he has to call and confirm :)

just tossing out ideas :)

CJane

It's awful expenses to have to drive two hours to an exchange site if dad is going to be a no-show.
That's why, based on Dad's past no-shows, mom should try to include a 'notification of intent to exercise visitation' clause in the new orders. If dad does not notify her that he IS going to exercise visitation w/in 24 hours of the visitation being scheduled, he forfeits visitation.

MrsK

That's why, based on Dad's past no-shows, mom should try to include a 'notification of intent to exercise visitation' clause in the new orders. If dad does not notify her that he IS going to exercise visitation w/in 24 hours of the visitation being scheduled, he forfeits visitation.
This is also good. My ex must call at least 24 hrs in advance of telling me when he wants the kids. Not EXACTLY the same thing (we dont have set days...) but he cant just call me & say "I am coming in 15 min to get the kids..." and so I have to go "OK..." I have, on occasion, let him do this, because we get along with each other enough & its important to me for my kids to spend time with their father, but I dont HAVE to do it unless he gives 24 hrs notice. But I'm not a bitch, so.....you get the picture.

J2007

Mrs. K: If it were all about money, I would be doing the child support order first, don't you think? And for almost a year, i have continued to meet him 1/2 way and pay ALL expenses, so he could see the kids. I am not money hungry, that I can assure you. I am disappointed that he doesn't want to see the kids.. and this has been an ongoing battle for a few years where I have to hear my 6 yr old say "Mommy, why did Daddy pick them over us?". And when he DOESN'T show, they rejoice! They hate going with them - that's sad.

Dad isn't working; so he can leave whenever to get the kids. The custody order will state that he needs to notify me the Wednesday before the weekend as to his intent.

When Dad DOES work, he works from home. As a matter of fact, his girlfriend does the same type of work - so she went and got ANOTHER job, he is actually doing the work for THAT job and she is getting the money, isn't that nice :) (Ex's mother told me on accident)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">