• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Coverage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

If all of those things were true, and this was my child, there is no way in hell that she'd be with mom. We'd be in another state using fake names if that it what it took to keep her away.

Dude, I know. That's why what I said wasn't an accusation - just a reminder. It SOUNDS like that's why you're doing it - THAT is what you need to get a grip on - the PERCEPTION.

I've read your other threads. I would probably be in jail right now if I were in your shoes. But you've GOT to make sure you only put out 'FOR THE KID' type energy and vent the anger at the ex elsewhere.
Wow...Dude, I haven't been called that for years. LOL:)!

Sorry, I have the "FOR THE KID" energy most days...it just gets old. I called my wife on my way back from court (see we know where to draw the line, Id like to have her there for support but know that it isnt the best idea), and asked if she knew of a hitman!

I said "her time is coming" b/c after we left court, my X says...I hope you've bought her school supplies and school clothes blah blah blah! I then said I've bought them the last 3 years, its your turn. She says..."I dont have the money and either does my mom". Funny she says this as she lights her cigarette...$4.00 pack of cigs could have bought a couple nice outfits at a garage sale. I ignored her (too mad to talk), and she said ...whatever you are just mad b/c you dont have custody....I say "you're making yourself a pretty rough bed", and she says the same line..."whatever, you have to prove me unft!" I then left, no wonder she has been choked!

If all of those things were true, and this was my child, there is no way in hell that she'd be with mom. We'd be in another state using fake names if that it what it took to keep her away.
Well once her mother was running from man to man (while we were divrced but seperated) and my daughter was staying w/ her just as unfit grandmother. I picked her up for a visit, and didnt take her back. Had her for almost 2 months and her mother returned...pressed kidnapping charges on me. Daughter was in preschool, and comfortable for once. Had to take her back and turn myself in.

If only it was that easy. She'll learn, just b/c she has breasts and gave birth...doesnt make her INVISIBLE!

Don't buy the school supplies.
I won't, because I can't do it all... but it KILLS ME! I want my daughter to have nice things. She'll just go to Catholic Charites and they'll but them. Man, she has NO SHAME!

Last year daughter went 3 months w/ no PE shoes. I bought all supplies, didnt know she needed gym shoes. Mom wouldnt buy them, she played in her socks for months before she came her crying that kids were making fun of her. Went to Wal-mart spent like $10-$15, said and dont.

Zephyr

I won't, because I can't do it all... but it KILLS ME! I want my daughter to have nice things. She'll just go to Catholic Charites and they'll but them. Man, she has NO SHAME!

Last year daughter went 3 months w/ no PE shoes. I bought all supplies, didnt know she needed gym shoes. Mom wouldnt buy them, she played in her socks for months before she came her crying that kids were making fun of her. Went to Wal-mart spent like $10-$15, said and dont.
I always like to THINK "only do what you're ordered to do" for most stuff, so people don't end up getting run over....however, when it comes to the kids is where I always have a hard time with the follow through, I would buy the supplies, at walmart, all the supplies together are gonna run about 20-25 dollars, and then kiddo has what she needs, to chance sending her without, in my opinion, does the child a disservice....keep documenting and saving the receipts for court.....maybe even see if you can get mom to make all future requests in writing via email**************it just always bothers me to think of kids going without or struggling in school cause their parents (and certainly in this case MOM) can't get their act together and do the right thing

CJane

it just always bothers me to think of kids going without or struggling in school cause their parents (and certainly in this case MOM) can't get their act together and do the right thing
Me too. If one of you (in this case, mom) can't pull their head out of their a$$ long enough to think about what's best for the child, then the other parent (that's you) needs to do it twice as much to pick up the slack.

I know it sucks. My ex and I have 2 kids. So, every school year, we swap which kid we buy supplies for. I buy new back packs, two of everything so we have replacement supplies all year long, etc. Ran me $75 this year.

His wife will take the other one shopping. She'll get the bare minimum supplies, no cool folders or pencils or anything. And she'll be using her backpack from last year which is all raggedy because it's the backpack her SISTER used the previous year. And it's NOT because they can't afford to do better... it's because they refuse to do better (for this child, anyway).

So, when the kids come back from their vacation with their father, I'll take the littlest one to the store and buy her a new backpack and cool folders and cool pencils and a few other bits and pieces that the other kids will notice. It'll cost me another $20 or so, but for my kids' peace of mind, it's worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">