• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to ask my father to get life insurace...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dyamianisis

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I want to ask my father to get 250,000 dollar life insurace policy, because he is getting old and he now as a son and I don't want my step-mother to be without help when he is gone.. Another part is when he is gone and my step-mother needs help with my brother, I most likely wont be able to do anything to help her and that would just make me sad...

CourtClerk

That is none of your business, but if you choose to get involved try this:

"Dad, will you please get a life insurance policy?" If he says no, the answer is no.

dyamianisis

That is none of your business, but if you choose to get involved try this:

"Dad, will you please get a life insurance policy?" If he says no, the answer is no.
I kinda have to get into it because that is my little brother we are talking about.. i cant have him grow up like i did...

moburkes

Just bring it up.

Hey, Dad, how much is your life insurance. Mine is $xx,xxx. It was pretty cheap. How old were you when you bought yours? Did you get term or whole life?

What do you MEAN, you don't have any? Why not? What about at work? Do you have some there?

Just Blue

I kinda have to get into it because that is my little brother we are talking about.. i cant have him grow up like i did...
Yet you are planning on being a character witness for your druggie mother, so that she can regain custody, after SIX years, of your little sisters!!!

How about YOU buy a policy on your Dad and name your little brother as Beneficiary...hum???:rolleyes:

Betty

You can talk to your dad about the benefits of life ins. However, it is his decision to make. He would also have to qualify for the ins. after underwriting is done.

nextwife

You know, when I became a mom with my husband, who has grown kids, I didn't wait around for my hubby to buy life insurance. I simply told him I felt we both needed more life insurance and called a couple of insurance guys and I bought some life insurance. On both him and I.

Your mom IS a grown-up after all. If she went and had another child, maybe SHE should be making arrangements to get sufficient life insurance set up on both the parents? She doesn't need to wait for YOU to get dad to do it. She can arrange it herself and buy it. Subject to whatever underwriting restrictions dad's age and health would create. They may need to buy less life insurance than desired because of higher costs for an older insured.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

How old is he? He may not be able to financially afford the monthly premiums on a $250,000 policy. Shop around for a policy that pays out less ($100,000 or less) and then YOU get the policy for him.

Betty

The father (an adult) will still have to sign the application for the ins., etc. (ie take medical exam) However; if dad agrees to the ins., OP can pay the premiums.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">