• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reapply for Security Clearance after 1 year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nino12661

What is the name of your state? SC

I have one more month until my 12 months is up from my security clearance being revolked. I can reapply thru my current job. My question is: Per the DOD directive 5220.6, the applicant is responsible for providing the director, DOHA, with a copy of any adverse decision together with evidence that circumstances or conditions previously found have been rectified or sufficiently mitigated to warrant consideration.

Is their any laywers whom could help write a statement to get my issues cleared up? I was revoked due to financial considerations and have cleared about 8 out of the 10 collection accounts up to date. Or any thoughts on making sure I can get this secret clearance again? Thanks.

SHORTY LONG

Suggest you compose a letter in clear, short and concise language addressing any adverse decision together with
evidence that circumstances or conditions previously found have been rectified or sufficiently mitigated to warrant consideration.

List them one by one. Upon your completion, repost, and allow our senior members,
and others who are qualified to help you polish it up.

nino12661

"Draft" Letter

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I greatly appreciate it. I have cut and pasted a "draft" copy of what I have come up with so far to submit when I reapply for my security clearance. I still have a few details to list in Guideline F (i.e. settlement amounts) and am not sure what to state in regards to Guideline E (I will not falisfy anything on the SF86 when I reapply?). Thanks again.....

Date

Director, Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA)

First Last Name
Street
City, State ZIP

To whom it may concern;

In accordance with DOD Directive 5220.6 section E3.1.38; I am providing a copy of my adverse decision along with the following information which has been rectified and sufficiently mitigated to warrant reconsideration for my security clearance. The below disqualifying conditions resulted in my clearance being revoked October 31, 2006:

Guideline F
Disqualifying Conditions 1: A history of not meeting financial obligations
Disqualifying Conditions 2: Inability or unwillingness to satisfy debts

Indebted to Citgo/CITI for $802. Same account as last transaction (Midland). Negotiated settlement of $515 and paid in full. Current credit report updated.

Indebted to Robregyng for $69.00. Account settled in November 2006 and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Calvary for $414.00. Negotiated settlement of $212.00 and paid in full. Current credit report updated.

Indebted to Advance Rd for $76.00. Account paid in full and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Park Danson for $82.00. Account paid in full and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Arrow Services for three account totaling $ 3210.00. Accounts negotiated and paid in full and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Beneficial/HFC for $13,520.00. Account currently being negotiated with lender.

Indebted to Midland for $908.00. Negotiated settlement of $515 and paid in full. Current credit report updated.

Guideline E
Disqualifying Conditions 2: The deliberate omission, concealment, or falsification of relevant and material facts from any personal security questionnaire, personal history statement, or similar form used to conduct investigations, determine employment qualifications, award benefits or status, determine security clearance eligibility or trustworthiness, or award fiduciary responsibilities.

Falsified material facts in August 2003 in regard to financial delinquencies over 180 days delinquent.

Falsified material facts in August 2003 in regard to financial delinquencies over 90 days delinquent.

I have resolved all debts and am currently making a good-faith effort to negotiate a settlement with the Beneficial account which was closed in February 2003 and belonged to my former wife. My credit has been re-established and I have continued a solid record of excellent job performance, and demonstrated my dependability and trustworthiness.

Very Respectfully;

XXXXXXXXXXX

Attachments:
Current Credit Report (October 2007)
Formal Divorce Decree (??? 2002)

SHORTY LONG

Review, and continue polishing; the changes below are still draft form!
Also, make sure each account and debtors are spelled correctly.

First Last Name
Street
City, State ZIP

Date

To the Honorable Director For Defense Office of Hearings, and Appeals (DOHA)
IT WOULD HELP TO HAVE THE FULL NAME OF THE DIRECTOR
Street
City, State ZIP

Dear Honorable Director xxxxxx:

Respectfully, in accordance with DOD Directive 5220.6 section E3.1.38 I am providing a copy of my adverse decision, along with the following information which has been rectified, and sufficiently mitigated to warrant reconsideration for my security clearance to be reinstated to me.

The below disqualifying conditions resulted in my clearance being revoked October 31, 2006.

Guideline F: < UNDERLINE

Disqualifying Conditions 1: A history of my past financial obligations!
Disqualifying Conditions 2: The inability or unwillingness to satisfy debts!

INCLUDE EACH RESPECTIVE ACCOUNT NUMBER.
Debt to Citgo/CITI for $802.00. Same account as last transaction (Midland). Negotiated a settlement of $515 .00 and paid in full on xxxx, which is reflected in current credit report update!

Debt to Midland for $908.00. Renegotiated settlement for $515.00, which was paid in full on xxxx date, and is reflected in updated credit report!

Debt to Robregyng for $69.00. Account settled on November xx, 2006, and updated on in current credit report!

Debt to Calvary for $414.00. Negotiated settlement of $212.00, and paid in full on xxxx date, which is reflected in updated credit report!

Debt to Advance Rd for $76.00. Account paid in full and updated on current credit report!

Debt to Park Danson for $82.00, and paid in full on xxxxx, which is reflected in updated credit report!

Debt to Arrow Services for three account totaling $3210.00. Accounts renegotiated, and were paid in full on xxxx date, which is reflected in updated credit report!

Debt to Beneficial/HFC for $13,520.00. Account currently being negotiated with lender!

Guideline E: <UNDERLINE

Disqualifying Conditions 2: The deliberate omission, concealment, or falsification of relevant, and material facts from any personal security questionnaire, personal history statement, or similar form used to conduct investigations, determine employment qualifications, award benefits or status, determine security clearance eligibility or trustworthiness, or award fiduciary responsibilities.

Falsified material facts in August XX 2003 regarding financial delinquencies, that were over 180 days delinquent.

Falsified material facts in August XX 2003 regarding financial delinquencies, that were over 90 days delinquent.

I have resolved all debts, and am currently making a good-faith efforts to negotiate a settlement with the Beneficial account. The account was closed in February xx, 2003,
and belonged to my former wife.

My credit has been re-established, and I have continued a solid record of excellent job performance, and demonstrated my re-dependability and trustworthiness.

Thank you in advance for your time, and reconsideration. Should you need any additional information, please do not hesitate in contacting me at your most earliest convenience.

Very sincerely, and respectfully yours,

XXXXXXXXXXX

Attachments:

(1) Current Credit Report (October 2007).

(2) Formal Divorce Decree (??? 2002).

yeah, but...

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I greatly appreciate it. I have cut and pasted a "draft" copy of what I have come up with so far to submit when I reapply for my security clearance. I still have a few details to list in Guideline F (i.e. settlement amounts) and am not sure what to state in regards to Guideline E (I will not falisfy anything on the SF86 when I reapply?). Thanks again.....

Date

Director, Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals (DOHA)

First Last Name
Street
City, State ZIP

To whom it may concern;

In accordance with DOD Directive 5220.6 section E3.1.38; I am providing a copy of my adverse decision along with the following information which has been rectified and sufficiently mitigated to warrant reconsideration for my security clearance. The below disqualifying conditions resulted in my clearance being revoked October 31, 2006:

Guideline F
Disqualifying Conditions 1: A history of not meeting financial obligations
Disqualifying Conditions 2: Inability or unwillingness to satisfy debts

Indebted to Citgo/CITI for $802. Same account as last transaction (Midland). Negotiated settlement of $515 and paid in full. Current credit report updated.

Indebted to Robregyng for $69.00. Account settled in November 2006 and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Calvary for $414.00. Negotiated settlement of $212.00 and paid in full. Current credit report updated.

Indebted to Advance Rd for $76.00. Account paid in full and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Park Danson for $82.00. Account paid in full and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Arrow Services for three account totaling $ 3210.00. Accounts negotiated and paid in full and updated on current credit report.

Indebted to Beneficial/HFC for $13,520.00. Account currently being negotiated with lender.

Indebted to Midland for $908.00. Negotiated settlement of $515 and paid in full. Current credit report updated.

Guideline E
Disqualifying Conditions 2: The deliberate omission, concealment, or falsification of relevant and material facts from any personal security questionnaire, personal history statement, or similar form used to conduct investigations, determine employment qualifications, award benefits or status, determine security clearance eligibility or trustworthiness, or award fiduciary responsibilities.

Falsified material facts in August 2003 in regard to financial delinquencies over 180 days delinquent.

Falsified material facts in August 2003 in regard to financial delinquencies over 90 days delinquent.

I have resolved all debts and am currently making a good-faith effort to negotiate a settlement with the Beneficial account which was closed in February 2003 and belonged to my former wife. My credit has been re-established and I have continued a solid record of excellent job performance, and demonstrated my dependability and trustworthiness.

Very Respectfully;

XXXXXXXXXXX

Attachments:
Current Credit Report (October 2007)
Formal Divorce Decree (??? 2002)
What have you done to fix the lying or lack of being truthful in your previous investigation? What have you done to reduce the likelyhood of you being bribed into selling secrets? Your debt is only one of at least 3 reasons your clearance was yanked.

SHORTY LONG

What have you done to fix the lying or lack of being truthful in your previous investigation? What have you done to reduce the likelyhood of you being bribed into selling secrets? Your debt is only one of at least 3 reasons your clearance was yanked.
Normally if a post is more than 15 days old, and the [op] has not made any new
post to it, then, it is old news. Forewarned, is Fore-wise, is For-done!

nino12661

Ok

Am I missing something here? I have been inquiring about explaining how my previous revoked clearance issues have been mitigated with this letter. The reason facts were falsified on my SF-86 was due to financial circumstances which I was not aware happened at that time. I don't really know how to explain how those issues have been mitigated except be well aware of my credit report when I fill out my SF-86 in the coming weeks, which I am.

?? Your debt is only one of at least 3 reasons your clearance was yanked. No, Guidelines F and G in my circumstance relate to financial issues as stated in below letter. Not quite sure what you mean?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">