• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Indiana

A new chapter unfolds in this drama. I feel terrible for the would be father and worse for the baby.. My friend in Minnesota had a paternity test done because the mom told him that he wasn't the baby's father. The paternity test came back that he isn't the father, since she told him this before hand she obviously knew this all the time. What can he do regarding this? it's considered fraud isn't it? Let me add that that the baby is almost a year old and has spent 6 months of that with this guys' parents.

Last edited:

CJane

Morally? Yeah.

Legally? It's a virtually unprosecutable offense.

HOWEVER... he was awarded custody of this child in court, right?

No, he was going to work on custody (my boyfriend got custody of his son from the same woman, this guy and I became friends through trying to keep tabs on everytime this lady violated her house arrest), but I don't really know what he will do now. I get the feeling he wants to be a part of this little girl's life -but- is unsure. I told him he needs to figure it out because if he doesn't get it straightened out then she could push him for c/s ... Any suggestions on what he should do here? .. btw he lives in Minnesota.

Bloopy

Seriously, you are worried about fraud? He's gonna sue for her house arrest bracelet?

Um, anyone worried about the child? Anyone doing anything for her?

This is the child he was "tricked into retuning.

If I could do anything I would. I'm not about to go to jail for kidnapping however, I wouldn't do her or my children any good. This guy also has a son to worry about. No one can do anything for her unless I can get ahold of the guy who -is- her father, and I don't have his number any longer. If you can think of anything, please let me know I'm more than willing to do anything that I can. The baby is 11 months old.

Bloopy

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=378721

“Now she was dating this other guy and they have a baby together. She sent the baby to stay with his parents because she couldn't take care of the baby, he was traveling for work at this time… the baby was in Minnesota for three months. He was planning on filing custody papers down in Minnesota however she called the police on him and they said he had to bring the baby home… she talked him into coming back (he's kinda stupid I guess) and he came back.”

She's talking about a couple different guys and their seed. This child was spawned by DumbGuy 1's Ex who is on house arrest for throwing a child. DumbGuy 2 thinks he's the father and tries to raise the child he had with her. But it turns out there's another guy tapping this well.

DumbGuy1 is doing well and has custody of his children

I want to retire from summarizing

How hot can this chick possibly be?

Bloopy

Has anyone called CPS?

I don't she should have any children in her possesion given the circumstances of her house arrest. But if no one has called them...

-That- is a wonderful idea. Thank you, I will give them a ring tomorrow. I had thought about it but wasn't really sure what I would say to them, I don't. Should I just tell them that she was convicted of felony neglect of a minor and what happened? or what? I really am somewhat new to these things.

The man she 'says' is the father is also the father of her oldest child.

Last edited:

Bloopy

Someone should CPS know of her conviction. The intake person for CPS may ask for details but they have access to that info and would have to verify it anyway. Move fast, the longer it goes the less of an _emergency_ it seems. It would be better for _Almost Dad_ to call rather than you. It_s much more his battle.

Your friend, being that he_s not the father, has no legal standing but if CPS decides to place the child in protective custody let them know that the child has lived with him as the _father_ and the _grandparents_. They should volunteer to serve as emergency foster care. Who knows? But that_s a big step and keeping the child a few more months, only to have her taken away would be heart wrenching and these folks may not have the stomach. CPS may even prefer to turn the child over to strangers now.

If you have any info on the possible father cough it up- to CPS.

Has she done anything neglectful recently?

The father of her first child has custody of that child so he may be interested in this child. Certainly he_s decent enough and understands the danger she poses. If not, he may not put up a fight for your friend getting custody of the baby. Her string of Baby Daddies need to form a club.

No man is going to see $$ from her in child support

Last edited:
Well she sent the baby to his parents for 6 months, she violated her house arrest and went to Minnesota to get her.. She doesn't pay the child support of her other two kids like she's supposed to, she unemployeed and sleeping around with at least two other guys.. honestly I don't think any of that would be considered neglectful though. As for the would be dad calling, I don't know if he will do that, I'll have to try and talk him into it.

No, we know that. However, if we follow through maybe indiana will get off their rear and do something. I'm not sure if the one father would be interested or not, he is on home detention as well, not for child abuse until very recently his mother had custody of the oldest. As for a club, she seems to be working on baby #4 ... go her.

LdiJ

Calling CPS is a good idea, and I don't think it matters who makes the call.

However, your friend needs to accept that he is NOT the father of this child. Its better to accept it now and bow out while the child is still young enough not to be horribly traumatized. Since there is a good chance that CPS WILL remove the child from her, the child would have the opportunity to be adopted by a caring family.

If he did not sign the AOP at the hospital then there is nothing that needs to be formally done. However, if he did, he needs to file to disestablish paternity.

He signed a paternity affidavit and everything that goes with it. He's on the birth certificate and everything, baby even has his last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">