• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Indiana

Alright, I'm certainly sure you guys are tierd of hearing from me. This time I need some personal legal advice for myself. Here is my issue. My boyfriend just out of the blue kicked me out, I don't think it really matters why. I was gonna stay and make him evict me but it got pretty bad, that doesn't matter either really. He wouldn't let me come back to get any of my stuff last night so first thing in the morning while he was at work I went over there to get it. He changed the door locks. Well, he had changed the door locks. I called the cops and said since I was a legal resident of this house that I could go in there. So I go in through the back window and get in. I go to the bedroom and find a girl sleeping there after scaring the living daylights out of her and telling her to get out my house (which isn't really mine I'm just a legal resident there). So I call the cops and she calls my former boyfriend. Ryan gets there and tries to get me to leave, calls the cops himself. The cops come and stay and I get all of my and my daughter's stuff that will fit. Didn't get my furniture or my couch or anything like that. So I have to go to civil court for that. However, getting to the meet of my issue. He is now taking me to court for custody of my daughter. He's trying to say I'm not taking good care of her. I hired a lawyer this morning but I still would like some insite on this. He's saying that he is going to use me going in through the window against me and is claiming I have to give back all of her clothes because I didn't buy them. Petty to me. He says he won't take me to court if I agree to a week on/week off. What has happened is because he has kicked me out I lost my job and my residence. I'm staying witha friend because I figured jumping around would look bad for me. Since it is because I had to leave my home that I lost my job can he use this against me in court? I don't think he'd be able to prove me unfit. I haven't done anything to cause this. Help me please!

CJane

I wouldn't be worried about it if she wasn't his.
It's just a little weird w/the constant use of "MY" instead of "OURS".

Is he the LEGAL father of the child?
Have you lived together throughout the child's life?
Is the child in school?
How old is the child?

I always refer to her as my daughter because she is my daughter and she is his daughter, just a habit. Anyways is her legal and biological father, we have lived together since she was born yes, she is only 5 months old so no school

LdiJ

I always refer to her as my daughter because she is my daughter and she is his daughter, just a habit. Anyways is her legal and biological father, we have lived together since she was born yes, she is only 5 months old so no school
He cannot use you going through the window against you. You do not have to give him back the child's clothing. If he were to try to use either of those things in court he would look like a fool. If he does not cooperate with you getting the rest of your property he is also going to look foolish.

You also do not have to agree to 50/50. In Indiana, an unwed mother has sole legal and physical custody until a judge orders otherwise. Unless you agree to 50/50 its 99.99% guaranteed that a judge will order you to following the Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines.

Do a google search for the guidelines....and read them.

I was wondering if anyone knew how long meth would remain in the system to show up on a hair folicle test... Her father was doing this and my attorney is talking about a hair folicle test as a last resort.

Also, since he kicked me out I now have to live with a friend temoporarily, I'm not moving around a lot because I'm afraid it will be put against me... but since he kicked me out I lost my job because I worked from home so I could take care of his kids and my daughter. I am looking for one now.. however I was wondering if he would be able to use this against me?

fairisfair

I was wondering if anyone knew how long meth would remain in the system to show up on a hair folicle test... Her father was doing this and my attorney is talking about a hair folicle test as a last resort.
Sounds like he only kicked you out a few days ago, so the meth is sure to still be in his system. After all, he wasn't doing meth around you and your CHILD??? RIGHT????

CJane

Also, since he kicked me out I now have to live with a friend temoporarily, I'm not moving around a lot because I'm afraid it will be put against me... but since he kicked me out I lost my job because I worked from home so I could take care of his kids and my daughter. I am looking for one now.. however I was wondering if he would be able to use this against me?
So he holds down a full-time job out of the house, has custody of his kids, AND he's a meth head? I don't know of anyone hooked on meth that manages to hold it together quite so well, or who is willing to invite the cops into their home like your ex-BF did when you broke in.

And how do you lose a work-from-home job because you get kicked out? Isn't the whole point the ability to work from anywhere?

Your instability could possibly be used against you. But the fact that you're the primary caretaker of the child will work in your favor.

Claiming he's an addict w/out hard proof is not going to go well for you.

nextwife

Also, you claim he's an unstable meth user, yet you were unbothered, and uninterested in moving out until HE initiated your move.

With my job you have to have a home phoneline in order to be able to work, there is not one where I live, nor is there proper computer access therefore I can't do my job from here. Honestly I've never really know much about drugs and I'm not sure how much he was using it all I know is that he told me he was using it out in the barn and sometimes when he wouldn't let me come out there that is what he was doing. Further than that I am not really sure what or when he was doing.

fairisfair

With my job you have to have a home phoneline in order to be able to work, there is not one where I live, nor is there proper computer access therefore I can't do my job from here. Honestly I've never really know much about drugs and I'm not sure how much he was using it all I know is that he told me he was using it out in the barn and sometimes when he wouldn't let me come out there that is what he was doing. Further than that I am not really sure what or when he was doing.
uh, yeah, right. Now did you want to jump back on that turnip truck you fell off of?? or did you think that was us????

Really?? What exactly WAS your job??? (I am guessing, it has something to do with the number 900, or the word psychic.)

Actually I worked for a company called Alpine Access http://www.alpineaccess.com they work with several large name retailers and hire people from home. Nothing to do with 900 numbers honestly I could have made a lot more doing that. As for drugs don't go and pressume I know things about this, I've never been into drugs and never really been around them. I had no clue what it was until he told me. I don't know how often or when he was doing it. Thanks

Just Blue

Actually I worked for a company called Alpine Access http://www.alpineaccess.com they work with several large name retailers and hire people from home. Nothing to do with 900 numbers honestly I could have made a lot more doing that. As for drugs don't go and pressume I know things about this, I've never been into drugs and never really been around them. I had no clue what it was until he told me. I don't know how often or when he was doing it. Thanks
It's pretty hard to hide the fact that your a meth head...It's not like pot where you use a little eye drop and your good. Meth makes your behavior EXTREMELY erratic and volatile.

IOW: A judge will not likely believe you had no knowledge. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">