• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

As I suspected.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zephyr

What is the name of your state? WI

Ex did not acknowledge nor answer my interrogatories and requests for production of documents. The 30 day deadline was Monday. Next step?

Do I immediately file a motion to compel? or do I send some sort of certified letter reminding him the deadline is past and requesting the info again?

There is nothing on the court event record stating that he requested to not answer them or anything of that nature.

Thanks.

oopsie- just double checked again and these have been added within the last two days

150 10-15-2007 Notice of hearing

151 10-15-2007 Letters/correspondence
Additional Text: From GAL requesting a scheduling conference

152 10-19-2007 Notice of hearing

I have recieved no notices of hearing yet

Last edited:

CJane

Get thee to the courthouse and get your notices of hearing so at least you know what they're ABOUT.

I would nicely remind him of the deadline... at the same time you file a motion to compel.

Personal rant: What is it with these a$$holes we procreated with that makes them think they're above the law? Bronze testicles?????

Zephyr

Get thee to the courthouse and get your notices of hearing so at least you know what they're ABOUT.

I would nicely remind him of the deadline... at the same time you file a motion to compel.

Personal rant: What is it with these a$$holes we procreated with that makes them think they're above the law? Bronze testicles?????

I just called the courthouse- my notice of hearing is being faxed to me as I type, it just rang LOL I love technology!

mmmm.....interesting.....scheduling conference for next wednesday at 2:00 pm

I can file the motion to compel via fax, any thoughts on if it is advantageous to do so before the hearing, at the hearing or after?

CJane

I just called the courthouse- my notice of hearing is being faxed to me as I type, it just rang LOL I love technology!

mmmm.....interesting.....scheduling conference for next wednesday at 2:00 pm

I can file the motion to compel via fax, any thoughts on if it is advantageous to do so before the hearing, at the hearing or after?
I would file it before and then you can request that it be covered at the scheduling conference - after all, nothing can BE scheduled until all of the crap is outta the way, yes?

And I'm jealous... my courthouse won't fax ME stuff. :(

Zephyr

I would file it before and then you can request that it be covered at the scheduling conference - after all, nothing can BE scheduled until all of the crap is outta the way, yes?

And I'm jealous... my courthouse won't fax ME stuff. :(
you just have to be super super duper sweet like me;)

guess I know what I'm working on tonight sheesh......

CJane

you just have to be super super duper sweet like me;)

guess I know what I'm working on tonight sheesh......
Yes, you and I are known far and wide for our sweetness.

Call me tonight... we can talk while I 'walk the dog' to DQ after the kids are settled. ;)

Zephyr

Yes, you and I are known far and wide for our sweetness.

Call me tonight... we can talk while I 'walk the dog' to DQ after the kids are settled. ;)
I know, it's amazing**************

will call you tonight and pick your brain while your making me jealous wityour hot fudge sunday:p

Zephyr

Peanut Buster Parfait. W/Chocolate Ice Cream.
yummmmmy!!!! what are your thougths on doing the motion to compel as a verbal motion during the hearing? that way they have no heads up about it?

my only fear about that is not having the opportunity to really speak and then maybe not being able to ask for it

CJane

yummmmmy!!!! what are your thougths on doing the motion to compel as a verbal motion during the hearing? that way they have no heads up about it?

my only fear about that is not having the opportunity to really speak and then maybe not being able to ask for it
They really are. And I think I'll go buy Sims 2 for playstation... because I'm not addicted enough to the stupid game...

Umm... that would be my concern too. It's never the 'safe' option to bring stuff up verbally.

Now... you COULD file the motion to compel RIGHT BEFORE the hearing... 2 days or so. And then if you get a chance you could say "I filed this, but since we're all here, we could get it out of the way..." and if you DON'T get the chance, you're not delayed.

TinkerBelleLuvr

it was alll you ladies fault that I just had to go into the kitchen and find a cookie to eat. :D;) and I sure do love how cjane thinks. Have you ever considered become a mean ol' attorney?

Silverplum

Umm... that would be my concern too. It's never the 'safe' option to bring stuff up verbally.

Now... you COULD file the motion to compel RIGHT BEFORE the hearing... 2 days or so. And then if you get a chance you could say "I filed this, but since we're all here, we could get it out of the way..." and if you DON'T get the chance, you're not delayed.
Agree with both points. And Ginny's, too. :p

CJane

it was alll you ladies fault that I just had to go into the kitchen and find a cookie to eat. :D;) and I sure do love how cjane thinks. Have you ever considered become a mean ol' attorney?
Nah, I'm too old to go to law school.

I did make a fabulous banana cake the other night though... w/cream cheese frosting. Made a great lunch today.

Zephyr

Nah, I'm too old to go to law school.

I did make a fabulous banana cake the other night though... w/cream cheese frosting. Made a great lunch today.
yummmm....you're coming over when???

another question, in the drafting of the interrogatories, I got some really good advice from Ginny(?) I think about the title of the document or the initial paragragh referencing the original motion, does that rule still apply or do I now just references the interrogatories?

CJane

yummmm....you're coming over when???

another question, in the drafting of the interrogatories, I got some really good advice from Ginny(?) I think about the title of the document or the initial paragragh referencing the original motion, does that rule still apply or do I now just references the interrogatories?
In MY case, I would say "IN RE: THE MATTER OF XXXXXXX v XXXXXXX. Specifically the interrogatories served to XXXXX on XX/XX/XXXX.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">