• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last Name Change In Illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jas1017

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS
how does a person go about changing a last name of a minor in the state of Illinois... DO I HAVE TO HAVE THE FATHERS WRITTEN CONCENT... and how would i go about doing it

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? ILLINOIS
how does a person go about changing a last name of a minor in the state of Illinois... DO I HAVE TO HAVE THE FATHERS WRITTEN CONCENT... and how would i go about doing it
Please edit your post to remove ALL CAPS SHOUTING. We don't do all caps.

Silverplum

While you were supposed to be reposting, I went ahead and found the form for you. I also wrote some legal words of wisdom.

You still hadn't fixed your post, so I checked your posting history. Thanks to your reprehensible behavior towards my friend and fellow Senior Member MO BURKES, I deleted my answer to you. :mad:

I also urge other responders to check your history first before responding.

moburkes

Why was OP so rude to you ???
Op didn't like the responses that SJ and I gave to a mom who's child's father died, and left the child money through a life insurance policy. OP was questioning us, AND then called my sig line ignorant, and then said that he would ask his boss (a real life insurance agent), since SJ and I don't know what the heck we're talking about. Then, OP called swore at me.

Gracie3787

While you were supposed to be reposting, I went ahead and found the form for you. I also wrote some legal words of wisdom.

You still hadn't fixed your post, so I checked your posting history. Thanks to your reprehensible behavior towards my friend and fellow Senior Member MO BURKES, I deleted my answer to you. :mad:

I also urge other responders to check your history first before responding.
I read the OP's history and I agree with you. OP won't get any real info from me except this (only because I belive sge's the type that would try to skirt the law):

You absolutely, positivively HAVE TO notify the father AND get his consent. Judges are very attuned to all the little tricks that mothers use to try to claim that they did or tried to notify the father- don't do that, you'll make yourself look like a bigger a$$ than you already are, PLUS the father can use it against you.

As for how to begin the whole process, including notification requirements- Go pay an attorney for the answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">