• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redlady

What is the name of your state? South carolina

My sister was planning on taking a trip and didnt want her husband to see in her suitcase for some reason, told her son not to let him see in it. when husband go home he trying to look in suitcase, nephew took suitcase away. her husband got very upset and puched my nephew in his head and also gave him a black eye, my nephew fought back grabbed him in a headlock then released him. he grabbed a knife and told him he would hurt him. my sister arrived home and he grabbed her and continued to chocke her, my nephew called 911, the police stated my nephew cannot place a restraining order because he's 18 and that is my brother in laws house, my nephew would have to leave. and my sister could not place a restraining order because they are married and live together. Is there anything she can do? she already filed a report with the police but he was not arrested.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? South carolina

My sister was planning on taking a trip and didnt want her husband to see in her suitcase for some reason, told her son not to let him see in it. when husband go home he trying to look in suitcase, nephew took suitcase away. her husband got very upset and puched my nephew in his head and also gave him a black eye, my nephew fought back grabbed him in a headlock then released him. he grabbed a knife and told him he would hurt him. my sister arrived home and he grabbed her and continued to chocke her, my nephew called 911, the police stated my nephew cannot place a restraining order because he's 18 and that is my brother in laws house, my nephew would have to leave. and my sister could not place a restraining order because they are married and live together. Is there anything she can do? she already filed a report with the police but he was not arrested.
Tell your sister to get down to the courthouse immediately and file for a restraining order!

I cannot believe that the police didn't arrest your brother in law.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
LD actually I can. Because OP is missing some facts apparently. This is third hand information. She was not there so quite frankly I can believe that the nephew was the aggressor and hubby was defending himself. As for the choking we do not know what wifey did nor do we know if the choking actually happened.

CJane

I *need* to know what was in the suitcase! :eek: :confused: :eek:
No kidding!

I would also really like to know what sort of environment this son/nephew was raised in that his first course of action to 'protect' the suitcase from the man who LIVES IN THE HOUSE was grabbing a knife and threatening to 'hurt' him????

Seriously.

Silverplum

No kidding!

I would also really like to know what sort of environment this son/nephew was raised in that his first course of action to 'protect' the suitcase from the man who LIVES IN THE HOUSE was grabbing a knife and threatening to 'hurt' him????

Seriously.
Okay, so that was my next question. But I cannot move forward without knowing what was in the damn suitcase!

VeronicaLodge

wait, i thought the man grabbed the knife and threatened the nephew with it? too many pronouns!

i want to know what was in the suitcase too!

CJane

wait, i thought the man grabbed the knife and threatened the nephew with it? too many pronouns!

i want to know what was in the suitcase too!
Maybe so. Still though... what the hell kind of environment is THAT? And if someone has a propensity to grab a knife, or punch someone in the head, or whatever... why would you tell your CHILD to protect your BELONGINGS? Isn't that like saying that whatever was in the suitcase was MORE IMPORTANT than your child?????

Silverplum

Maybe so. Still though... what the hell kind of environment is THAT? And if someone has a propensity to grab a knife, or punch someone in the head, or whatever... why would you tell your CHILD to protect your BELONGINGS? Isn't that like saying that whatever was in the suitcase was MORE IMPORTANT than your child?????
One of several reasons why I MUST KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silverplum

Yep. Farwell to the suitcase and apparently to the OP who is ticked because I question her story.
I'm very displeased.

So displeased, in fact, that I'm gonna go home later, put something in a suitcase, and NOT TELL ANYONE WHAT'S IN THERE.

Harrumph!

Silverplum

Diary/Journal?
Liquor? Drugs?
Financial papers?
Photos? Of what?
Unsuitable underwear?
Small furry animals?
Stolen items? Gems, cash, etc.?
Men's clothing because she is a secret transvestite?
Chocolate about which she feels selfish?

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT IS IN THE SUITCASE???????

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">