• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can we do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

redlady

sorry about the delay. The suitcase was full of clothes. my sister was planning to take a trip and visit her friend for 4 days, but apparantly her husband did not want her to go. as far as the environment they live in, it's not a good one, a few years after they got married her husband told her that he hated her kids and wasn't planning on supporting them. my sister had 2 from a previous marriage in which the ex-husband is no longer involved, even with his kids. my mother had been helping her support the kids until she passed away, now my niece who is 19 moved out, and my nephew who just turned 18 still lives with my sister. my sister also has a 8 year old daughter from this current marriage, and her husband states he wont leave because he doesnt want her to get the house and has also threatened to start selling everything like furniture and such before he sells the house.

Silverplum

REDLADY!!! I see you have signed in!

PLEASE tell me/us what was in the suitcase!!! :confused:

Oooh! You beat me to it!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Clothes. Whoda thunk it?

sorry about the delay. The suitcase was full of clothes. my sister was planning to take a trip and visit her friend for 4 days, but apparantly her husband did not want her to go. as far as the environment they live in, it's not a good one, a few years after they got married her husband told her that he hated her kids and wasn't planning on supporting them. my sister had 2 from a previous marriage in which the ex-husband is no longer involved, even with his kids. my mother had been helping her support the kids until she passed away, now my niece who is 19 moved out, and my nephew who just turned 18 still lives with my sister. my sister also has a 8 year old daughter from this current marriage, and her husband states he wont leave because he doesnt want her to get the house and has also threatened to start selling everything like furniture and such before he sells the house.

Last edited:
Clothes, really, ...

Regardless, if the contents were sooooo important, why not take them with you?

It is not her current husbands responsibility to care for children of a previous marriage. It is HER responsibility. Placing them in this situation is questionable.

This situation seems completely avoidable. Why not just take the suitcase with you and leave? Why leave it sitting there and ask a minor to guard it? None of this makes any sense. Especially if it only contained clothes.

I call B.S. There's alot more to this story. :cool:

redlady

you are right, there is more to this story. i found out today my brotherin law got arrested because of this incident. he is now asking my sister to drop the charges, he states he went crazy because her ex-husband's current wife told him she was having an affair and she was going to meet her lover. he also told her he has been having an affair with this woman. and my sister found e-mails where it states they have been having sexual relations. WHAT A MESS!!

Silverplum

you are right, there is more to this story. i found out today my brotherin law got arrested because of this incident. he is now asking my sister to drop the charges, he states he went crazy because her ex-husband's current wife told him she was having an affair and she was going to meet her lover. he also told her he has been having an affair with this woman. and my sister found e-mails where it states they have been having sexual relations. WHAT A MESS!!
:eek:
People are freaky.

penelope10

Many towns offer free counseling for individuals (and families) who are in a situation that involves domestic violence. I would suggest having your sister meet with one of these counselors immediately. They have tons of experience in this area and can offer valuable info on what to do.

tuffbrk

wait, her current husband is having an affair with her ex husband's wife? wow!
Hee, hee, hee - I'm sorry - I would just have to put in the ex-wife's face that she got sloppy 2nd's - MY sloppy 2nd's - twice! I'd have to ask if there's anyone else that she'd like me to warm up for her...

I'm sorry - really. I was keeping my nose totally out of this one, I've had typo's all over the place and was trying not to post but...

Oh. Heavens. I can't stop laughing

mommyof4

wait, her current husband is having an affair with her ex husband's wife? wow!

Just another case of keeping it all in the (once removed) family.;)

Ahem...

Is the same ex husband that is no longer involved in her or her children's lives? If so, apparently somebody very close to him is intimately involved with somebody in her family. Not so uninvolved, huh?

Last edited:

penelope10

Per my suggestion, she needs counseling. Your local police dept should be able to give you the name and phone number of the local center. If not, find the phone number for the local crisis hot line--they'll know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">