• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visiting Schedule

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleayh01

What is the name of your state? GA

I've posted afew days before my scheduled status conference in court and have a question about my visitation court order. Ex and I have joint legal custody with me being the primary physical custodian and the ty breaker for decision making if the two of us cannot agree on important matters regarding our son.

His visitations are as follows: before our child turn one, the father has every saturday from 10am-2pm , sunday 3-7pm and every wed. from 4pm-8pm. When our son turn one year of age, the father will have every other saturday from 9am-6pm, every other sunday from
9-6pm and every wed. fro 4-8pm. When son turn two, he will have him every other saturday at 9am to sunday at 5pm and every wed. 4-8pm. At age three we are to follow the parenting and holiday schedule designed by the court, which states father to have every 1st, 3rd, and 5th friday from 6pm until sunday at 6pm with alternating holidays, which father has to provide transportation to and from y home (court ordered)

My question is does the alternating holidays start at age three or immediately because in our court order it states when child turn 3 to follow the designed court schedule with alternating holidays?

I just dont want to violate the court order.:D

y question is

CJane

My question is does the alternating holidays start at age three or immediately because in our court order it states when child turn 3 to follow the designed court schedule with alternating holidays?

I just dont want to violate the court order.:D

y question is
I believe the holidays would start when the child was 3, based on the wording you posted.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
However is there a problem with you agreeing to share holidays with him BEFORE the child turns 3? The order doesn't mandate it until age three however that doesn't mean you could not agree to alternate holiday time before then. In other words if dad wants time on Christmas why would you be adverse to giving him some time?

CJane

However is there a problem with you agreeing to share holidays with him BEFORE the child turns 3? The order doesn't mandate it until age three however that doesn't mean you could not agree to alternate holiday time before then. In other words if dad wants time on Christmas why would you be adverse to giving him some time?
OH! I have a question. And this is important... really.

If the holiday schedule doesn't go into effect until the child is 3, then does the 'holiday time supercede's regular time' not go into effect either?

Which would mean that IF Xmas was on Wednesday (I know, it's not), then DAD would get time on XMas just because it's Wednesday and Mom couldn't refuse? Not that I assume she WOULD, but just askin?

If Holidays aren't acknowleged AT ALL... isn't that WIDE OPEN?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OH! I have a question. And this is important... really.

If the holiday schedule doesn't go into effect until the child is 3, then does the 'holiday time supercede's regular time' not go into effect either?

Which would mean that IF Xmas was on Wednesday (I know, it's not), then DAD would get time on XMas just because it's Wednesday and Mom couldn't refuse? Not that I assume she WOULD, but just askin?

If Holidays aren't acknowleged AT ALL... isn't that WIDE OPEN?
Yep. Then any holiday that falls during dad's time, dad gets.

aleayh01

It states that when child turns three , holiday visitation shall take precedence over weekend visitation. But it does not state the father taken immediate holiday visitation until three years of age.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It states that when child turns three , holiday visitation shall take precedence over weekend visitation. But it does not state the father taken immediate holiday visitation until three years of age.
But my question encompasses the following:
Is dad asking for holiday visitation?
What is your problem with holiday visitation even though he is not granted it?
Are you following the court order regardless if it is a holiday or not?
That is the issue.

aleayh01

OG, first off, how are you...

Number one we just received the court order yesterday, so he is SUPPOSE to exercise his visitation rights tomorrow (his first visit). To answer your question, no I dont have a promblem with him having alternate holidays or any other holiday for that matter. It was just a question picking at my brain. I dont want to leave room for error over this court order.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OG, first off, how are you...
I am good. And you?

Number one we just received the court order yesterday, so he is SUPPOSE to exercise his visitation rights tomorrow (his first visit). To answer your question, no I dont have a promblem with him having alternate holidays or any other holiday for that matter. It was just a question picking at my brain. I dont want to leave room for error over this court order.
Then quite frankly don't bother trouble. Court orders are minimums. That is what you have to operate on though -- the court order. If the court order does NOT provide specifically for holidays then NO ONE is given them. Which means if MOther's day is on HIS Sunday you do not get it. Until the child is three. Does that help?

aleayh01

No doubt...I'm cool with that and vise versa for fathers day. I believe in a mother having a little break now and then:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">