• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rules for POSTERS -- CONTENT OF POSTS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis1

i have just got to throw my two cents in.....but since the rules have been posted.....everything has been so darn easy to follow along now!

kudos to you for getting this going. i might actually learn something without the verbal abuse being thrown around in here :p

H

Hannah13

I dis-agree with: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and any other family relation are legal strangers.

Unless they have custody...also grand parents in general are very important roles in a child's life. Wasn't yours very important in your life as well as your parents? My grand daddy was who I CHERISHED/STILL DO and role myself after. His honesty, integrity and tact is what I try live by...the tact part I am still working on. Honesty too good in fact...in court they KNEW I was honest EVEN IF it meant hurting myself I was honest. A walking polygraph is what I've been called...He was a U.S. Senator (one of a kind that was always honest) I am a mortgage broker...(one of a kind that is with ethics, and integrity) lol

I don't mind shortening grandma to GM. ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I dis-agree with: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and any other family relation are legal strangers.

Unless they have custody...also grand parents in general are very important roles in a child's life. Wasn't yours very important in your life as well as your parents? My grand daddy was who I CHERISHED/STILL DO and role myself after. His honesty, integrity and tact is what I try live by...the tact part I am still working on. Honesty too good in fact...in court they KNEW I was honest EVEN IF it meant hurting myself I was honest. A walking polygraph is what I've been called...He was a U.S. Senator (one of a kind that was always honest) I am a mortgage broker...(one of a kind that is with ethics, and integrity) lol

I don't mind shortening grandma to GM. ;)
Oh for heaven's sake. Your situation is unusual. Barring somethign like that - where someone else has LEGALLY been given custody - ALL of those people are LEGAL STRANGERS! I love my parents to pieces, as do my kids. But LEGALLY they have no rights to my kids. None. Zip, Zero, Nada. In the eyes of the LAW, they are strangers.

justalayman

Maybe he/she/it never got picked for Dodgeball in elementary school.... :D
You always get picked in dodgeball. Sometimes you get picked to be on the captains team, sometimes you get picked (by default) to be the other captains target.:eek::D

with all the bumping going on in here, I don;t want to hear about any paternity suits in the future. :eek::p practice safe bumping.

H

Hannah13

un-usual? do you know the recent stats of todays grand parents that are raising their grandchildren? It is 70% yes...that is correct. Some don't even realize they ARE they just are. No rights to enroll in school etc...they have to "find" or hunt down the parent to do this.
By NO means am I advocating or soliciting this. I will be the FIRST one to tell other grandparents that they are not better parents just because they "can" be! or that they are. As long as they have utilities, a roof and healthy food is all I say is needed. Oh...and be sane.

There are those kinds out there believe me I know. It's sad. They think that because they can do it "better than" etc...I never in a million years would have anticipated this to occur. We traveled 4x a year my husband and I. Anywhere we wanted to go. Just picked a spot on the map and went, Bahama's Mexico, Carribean and lots in CA. to visit my parents. Now....we don't even think we can make my husbands xmas party next Friday because we STILL have never had a baby sitter other than the daycare for working purposes...Even though I have full custody I still feel I "am" the baby sitter for crying out loud, I feel as though I am passing him onto a 3rd aprty babysitter. I question myself if I can get a babysitter and want to for the first time even though I have had my grandson since he was 2 weeks old. He's going on 4 yrs. old. Fact is...I don't want to go where he cannot...

CourtClerk

Speaking of hijacking a thread......

Hannah, this isn't a I love grandparents site, this is a LEGAL site, and legally, I don't care how much you love your grandparents, they are legal strangers to the child.

Now please... stop.

Rushia

Its Mulder...not Fox. Although I have never understood what was better about Mulder:confused:

As for the noise...yea...uuummm...well...nevermind its TMI;)

And may I say also to OG sorry for hijacking your rules, and thereby breaking the rules I shall now retire to my corner and tell MrP I was bad and need to be punished;):p

Actually, you and Bay are correct. His name in the show was Fox Mulder.

seniorjudge

Next to me, Dylan Thomas is the greatest poet in the English language.

A prize for the first person who tells me what kind of poem this is.

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

--Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieve it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

H

Hannah13

first off I want to apologize to O.G. for appearing I was hi-haicking

Am embarrassed now Clerk Court person o.k.
As for backing up my statement...go to AARP site for Grandparent/Relative caretakers and find the state specific fact sheets for each state as it varies. I was wrong in what I read...71% are undre the age of 60...However the number is growing rapidly, sad but true. 42% of the parents not raising their own children are white vs. the hispanic, indian, african american, asian and each is broken out etc...

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Next to me, Dylan Thomas is the greatest poet in the English language.

A prize for the first person who tells me what kind of poem this is.

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

--Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
It's a Villanelle. :D

(I suffer from occaisional outbreaks of poetry. Mostly haiku.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">