• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How soon can a court order be changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleayh01

What is the name of your state? GA

Ex and I just went to court on Dec. 13th. We have our final order of custody and visitation because we went to mediation and both signed and agreed to joint legal custody with myself being the primary physical custodian and a parenting schedule. Now he wants to change the agreement because he stated that he changed his mind about providing transportation for pick up and drop off of our son. He now disagree with the scheduling hours of visitation because we live 45 inutes away from each other.

How soon can a court order (final judgement) be changed? Will he have to petition me again?:mad:

CJane

Ex and I just went to court on Dec. 13th. We have our final order of custody and visitation because we went to mediation and both signed and agreed to joint legal custody with myself being the primary physical custodian and a parenting schedule. Now he wants to change the agreement because he stated that he changed his mind about providing transportation for pick up and drop off of our son. He now disagree with the scheduling hours of visitation because we live 45 inutes away from each other.

How soon can a court order (final judgement) be changed? Will he have to petition me again?:mad:
Well, there's a time-frame in which it can SOMETIMES be amended. Though, if it's an agreed order, it's unlikely that a judge would agree anything needed amended.

Usually, without a significant change in the circumstances of the CHILD, and order cannot be modified.

LdiJ

Unless something significantly changed in the last 3 days, its very unlikely that a judge would be willing to change anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">