• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Actionable Activity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

black6

What is the name of your state? OR

My sister has been having problems with an ex boyfriend slandering her as will as harassing her indirectly. I highly doubt that she would have any luck in the courts.

He is a paramedic in the area and it has come to my attention that he has a recent conviction for assault against his previous wife as well as convincing his co workers to not respond if his ex wife has medical problems. If his court record and addition information should somehow end up in the public eye, would he have grounds for a lawsuit?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? OR

My sister has been having problems with an ex boyfriend slandering her as will as harassing her indirectly. I highly doubt that she would have any luck in the courts.

He is a paramedic in the area and it has come to my attention that he has a recent conviction for assault against his previous wife as well as convincing his co workers to not respond if his ex wife has medical problems. If his court record and addition information should somehow end up in the public eye, would he have grounds for a lawsuit?
**A: and who would he be suing and for what reason?

black6

I would assume he (the boyfriend) would be suing her for blabbering about his past.

Exactly.

I was thinking along the lines of sending a letter to the local TV news stations asking them to do a story on wife beaters who may come to your home to help if you have medical problems.

black6

OK. How would one get this low life to stop the slander and harassment? The slander is direct- he is telling people in her industry that she gave him an STD which she can verify is false. He has harassed her. He is psychologically questionable and she fears that he may try to physically hurt her or kill her.

From what I understand, slander is difficult to prove so basically he can destroy her reputation and harass her at will.

What would you do if it was your sister?

Rexlan

Have you quite beating your girlfriend or you wife?

I would get my nose out of her business and mind my own until she showed some concern other than your rambling BS. If she has an issue then she can address it properly and not with some sleaze bag antics like you propose.

black6

Thanks for the insult.

I don't beat my girlfriend perhaps you do.

I should have known this forum is like all the rest. One or two decent people and a group of jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">