• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Thank You

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

5sfsniper

What is the name of your state? NM

My wife has been coming here for about four months. Thank you. I have had 2 or 3 victories with my situation. Noteably, through the informational resources that she got from here I was able to nail down that I have paid into tens of thousands of dollars above what was required of me these past 3.5 years.

I was shocked, to say the least, and finally took steps to start correcting this. I don't want my kids to go with out but the bottom line is that I have been working myself into the dirt and going without so I could pay.

From what I understand most of you who helped her are now banned, including her. That usually happens to the good ones in any organization. It happened to me in the army over and over, but I never failed a combat mission. However as a Command Sergeant Major I did have the pleasure of ripping the butts out of several Incompetent field grade and other officers as well as some NCOs, but not near as many NCOs. I was on the carpet with the General on more than one occasion. I was great in combat, but I did not play well with briefcase Soldiers and Marines during peace, because we trained for war like it was tomorrow, like in gladiator. So I relate to the banned folks of the board, the warriors. In the end at my retirement the General asked me four times to stay in. I take it the banned warriors of the board will be asked back as well. If not I will email them, because they helped me the most.

I have to say that in the beginning I was very skeptical of this board, the people on it and the information she got from here. But as of today ALL the insight, all the links, all the 'mean' responses, all the 'harsh' replies, have proven themselves out.

I have learned to sanitize my interactions with the children's mother, I do not use emotions any more and I have referred others here and given them the rules that my wife learned on here.

Sergeant Major (retired)
U.S. Special Forces

Last edited:

5sfsniper

I don't why she was banned either, nor the others. I guess someone had a case of terminal cranial rectal inversion...and I guess they complained. I will probably follow, and I am not big enough to speak this way...yet...

TinkerBelleLuvr

Well ... send my regards to JJ ... AND I personally think that NM is the most beautiful state that I have ever visited. It will be my retirement destination.

Have her send a PM every once in a while to let me know what's happening.

profmum

Sgt Major
Your post is very useful, I, like you, got some much needed perspective and an attitude adjustment about coparenting (or parallel parenting with my x) thanks to the responses on this board. For those who feel they are insulted, ganged up upon, not the case... yes, the posters here have their biases, but the advice is invaluable.
I don't remember reading anything about her being banned? are you sure that is the case?

majomom1

Sgt Major
Your post is very useful, I, like you, got some much needed perspective and an attitude adjustment about coparenting (or parallel parenting with my x) thanks to the responses on this board. For those who feel they are insulted, ganged up upon, not the case... yes, the posters here have their biases, but the advice is invaluable.
I don't remember reading anything about her being banned? are you sure that is the case?
Agreed. All of the advice here is invaluable. I personally don't let the different attitutudes or personalities bother me. This is a public forum and not too different from life in general.

Reading the rules, or just spending time reading through posts will give anyone a good feel for this particular board. I do that on any new forum that I visit.

Sgt... you are welcome. Stick around and continue to refer people here. It does help a tremendous number of people.

casa

What is the name of your state? NM

My wife has been coming here for about four months. Thank you. I have had 2 or 3 victories with my situation. Noteably, through the informational resources that she got from here I was able to nail down that I have paid into tens of thousands of dollars above what was required of me these past 3.5 years.

I was shocked, to say the least, and finally took steps to start correcting this. I don't want my kids to go with out but the bottom line is that I have been working myself into the dirt and going without so I could pay.

From what I understand most of you who helped her are now banned, including her. That usually happens to the good ones in any organization. It happened to me in the army over and over, but I never failed a combat mission. However as a Command Sergeant Major I did have the pleasure of ripping the butts out of several Incompetent field grade and other officers as well as some NCOs, but not near as many NCOs. I was on the carpet with the General on more than one occasion. I was great in combat, but I did not play well with briefcase Soldiers and Marines during peace, because we trained for war like it was tomorrow, like in gladiator. So I relate to the banned folks of the board, the warriors. In the end at my retirement the General asked me four times to stay in. I take it the banned warriors of the board will be asked back as well. If not I will email them, because they helped me the most.

I have to say that in the beginning I was very skeptical of this board, the people on it and the information she got from here. But as of today ALL the insight, all the links, all the 'mean' responses, all the 'harsh' replies, have proven themselves out.

I have learned to sanitize my interactions with the children's mother, I do not use emotions any more and I have referred others here and given them the rules that my wife learned on here.

Sergeant Major (retired)
U.S. Special Forces
Many of us Seniors have never been banned....and the ones you are referring to aren't banned, but more like 'taking a short vacation' from the board. (Think 'time out'). It sounds Political, but really is not. We've had some turbulent times on this board & the Moderator has decided to be Safer rather than Sorry. We'll all work together to make the board better as time goes on. ;)

'Nuff of that laundry :p I'm glad to hear you are proceeding in a more fair/reasonable way. Please come back to let us know how it all turns out. Good Luck.:)

5sfsniper

Sgt Major
Yep she can't get on at all. The funny thiing is the internet was down for several days and when it came back up she was shut off. It would help if I could pinpoint a particular post that caused that, but I can't. With the internet down during the time it happened, it tends to lead this old salt to consider that it might have been someone's monkey business. Anyway...No bitterness here...SGM

peppier

I think her last post was to me and there was nothing offensive about it. If you find her in the forum you can click on the ball by her name and check out her posts. PM me and I'll send you a link if you want.

fairisfair

Many of us Seniors have never been banned....and the ones you are referring to aren't banned, but more like 'taking a short vacation' from the board. (Think 'time out'). It sounds Political, but really is not. We've had some turbulent times on this board & the Moderator has decided to be Safer rather than Sorry. We'll all work together to make the board better as time goes on. ;)

'Nuff of that laundry :p I'm glad to hear you are proceeding in a more fair/reasonable way. Please come back to let us know how it all turns out. Good Luck.:)
I just want to clarify, that yes, some of us are taking a vacation. By CHOICE. I personally am NOT banned but have chosen not to return to the forum until those who ARE can do so.

No, most are not banned permanently, but some are banned for up to a two week interim. That is one heck of a time out in my opinion.

and, now, I shall resume my "vacation" . . . . yo,. . . . cabana boy. . . . .

:)I am fairly new here. What would it take for someone to get Banned? It must have been serious!? Yes, some of the posters can be offense, if the one being posted to, takes offense easily.

I tend to think of it as corrective critisism. Some people just don't take to well of others outspoken opinions. IMO, if someone doesn't like the "tone" or "reply" the recieved, they don't have to come here? Right?:)

casa

I just want to clarify, that yes, some of us are taking a vacation. By CHOICE. I personally am NOT banned but have chosen not to return to the forum until those who ARE can do so.

No, most are not banned permanently, but some are banned for up to a two week interim. That is one heck of a time out in my opinion.

and, now, I shall resume my "vacation" . . . . yo,. . . . cabana boy. . . . .
I never said it was Just...or UnJust (I really can't discren- no information has been provided). BUT~ please order me up a cabana boy as well, and I'll see ya on the other side ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">