• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disability and child sopport

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well quite frankly Ohreally, YOU were not there in the court room, therefore you DON'T know what I objected to. I questioned his proof in court and for some odd reason he was only ordered to give the insurance card to me. Further, I'm filing an appeal on this matter, so DON'T assume I sat back and became my ex's doormat.
Ohreally truthfully was NOT criticizing you Aleayh. Do you have a mistake of law by the way on which to base your appeal?

aleayh01

Ohreally truthfully was NOT criticizing you Aleayh. Do you have a mistake of law by the way on which to base your appeal?
Other than the judge no asking for evidence of insurance policy and or card and proof of disability claim. That's the only proof I have, I don't know what else to use for an appeal. I can't seem to get anything out of my ex. He won't provide me with a copy of anything. He told me that he knew his tactic would work in court.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Other than the judge no asking for evidence of insurance policy and or card and proof of disability claim. That's the only proof I have, I don't know what else to use for an appeal. I can't seem to get anything out of my ex. He won't provide me with a copy of anything. He told me that he knew his tactic would work in court.
The judge did NOT have to ask for evidence of insurance policy. That was your responsibility. Nor was it the judge's responsibility to question the disability claim. Again, that was on you. Those are not mistake of law but rather you are arguing facts and the time to argue facts was during the original hearing. If he was to give you a copy of the insurance card you take him back to court for contempt of court. how long ago was the hearing? Appeals have to be filed within 28 days of the judgment.

aleayh01

The judge did NOT have to ask for evidence of insurance policy. That was your responsibility. Nor was it the judge's responsibility to question the disability claim. Again, that was on you. Those are not mistake of law but rather you are arguing facts and the time to argue facts was during the original hearing. If he was to give you a copy of the insurance card you take him back to court for contempt of court. how long ago was the hearing? Appeals have to be filed within 28 days of the judgment.
Just to clarify, I did argue for proof of insruance card and disability claim. He was ordered to give me copies upon the end of that day. My ex did not provide the copies. The hearing was January 17th (last thursday). I know it's not the judges responsibility to ask for proof. That's why I wasn't sure if I can file an appeal, but if not then I will file contempt against my ex, that's all:)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">