• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommyof4

Oh please. I live in a Dallas suburb. I drive longer than an hour just to go out to dinner and I am STILL in Dallas. :rolleyes:

If it really burns your toast, arrange to meet him halfway for p/u and d/o.

Oh please. I live in a Dallas suburb. I drive longer than an hour just to go out to dinner and I am STILL in Dallas. :rolleyes:

If it really burns your toast, arrange to meet him halfway for p/u and d/o.
DC has nice restaurants and shopping, so I never have to drive to far to those things. Now a trip to the amusement park is something different, but its rare.

ProSeDadinMD

DC has nice restaurants and shopping, so I never have to drive to far to those things. Now a trip to the amusement park is something different, but its rare.
I know, we all get it. You should never have to drive. Ever, ever:rolleyes:. You don't need to ever leave the confines of DC.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to be the case though.

mommyof4

Uh-huh. So does Dallas. That wasn't the point, but then, I suspect you know that. :rolleyes:

CJane

I know, we all get it. You should never have to drive. Ever, ever:rolleyes:. You don't need to ever leave the confines of DC.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to be the case though.
Doesn't the DC area have a pretty extensive public transportation system? I mean, other than the Tourmobile? I seem to remember visiting my family in the Crofton area and not really having to drive into the city. Did the entire system collapse in the past few years and I just didn't hear about it?

mommyof4

Doesn't the DC area have a pretty extensive public transportation system? I mean, other than the Tourmobile? I seem to remember visiting my family in the Crofton area and not really having to drive into the city. Did the entire system collapse in the past few years and I just didn't hear about it?

Yes, sad to say, yes it did. It happened last Thursday.:p

All of the former Metro stations are now underground swamps filled with formerly native wildlife. :D:D

I can't believe you missed that little news blurb.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yep. But I suppose riding the Metro would be too much to expect of a SuperMomma.

ProSeDadinMD

Yup, we actually have a great(read very comprehensive) public transportation system around here.

Again, “Dad lives an hour away, wah, wah, wah:rolleyes:”. That’s not a very exact distance.

On a good day, I could be in West Virginia or Pennsylvania in “an hours” drive from DC:cool:.

Silverplum

Yup, we actually have a great(read very comprehensive) public transportation system around here.

Again, “Dad lives an hour away, wah, wah, wah:rolleyes:”. That’s not a very exact distance.

On a good day, I could be in West Virginia or Pennsylvania in “an hours” drive from DC:cool:.
That's because you people (*condescending sniff!*) live in tiny-eensy-itty-bitty states. In the far superior Western states, it can easily take hours upon hours to drive out-of-state. ;) :p

mommyof4

That's because you people (*condescending sniff!*) live in tiny-eensy-itty-bitty states. In the far superior Western states, it can easily take hours upon hours to drive out-of-state. ;) :p
I was amazed when I visited Boston. I could visit 5 states in one day. Heck, I could SPIT into Rhode Island!:p

wileybunch

I'm with you, supermomma -- having to drive 1 hour each way stinks when you both used to live close. However, that's still in the metro area, not a move OUT of the area, so still reasonable. There is nothing that requires you both to stay within 5 minutes or whatever of each other, even though that would be very nice, I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">