• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isis1

i'm actually surprised that a NCP would complain about the one hour of traveling no matter what the actual distance was. when i was the NCP, i drove 4 days a week, and EOW. My route took me from Hawthorne to Downtown LA, from Downtown LA to Montebello, then from Montebello to Hawthorne. Then back around again for the end of the day drop off. i did all the driving. cost me from $600.00 to $700.00 a month in gas. I was on the road at least 4 hours a day. I worked part-time and paid child support. i now have a patch of gray heair on my left temple and i am only 30. and my job was literally 3 minutes away from my home. granted, i am so glad i will never have to do that again, but i wouldn't change it any other way if i was no longer the custodial parent.

I'm with you, supermomma -- having to drive 1 hour each way stinks when you both used to live close. However, that's still in the metro area, not a move OUT of the area, so still reasonable. There is nothing that requires you both to stay within 5 minutes or whatever of each other, even though that would be very nice, I agree!
Actually, when I think about it, It may not be such a bad thing to drive half way I will keep him as far away as possible:D

DC has teh best metro system, but the rates have gone up as many of my commuter friends have told me. The federal government contributes to federal commuters, but I think it only covers half, because you have to pay to park (if you drive to the metro) and you have to pay for the fare, which is more during rush hour

That's because you people (*condescending sniff!*) live in tiny-eensy-itty-bitty states. In the far superior Western states, it can easily take hours upon hours to drive out-of-state. ;) :p
I now know why i live inthe tiny-eensy-itty-bitty states.....I was born there....oh wait, DC isnt a state:p

ezmarelda

Actually, when I think about it, It may not be such a bad thing to drive half way I will keep him as far away as possible:D
an easy way to solve the "Where is half way?" question...it easily and ususaly seems to end up an "issue"
Whomever the child is going home with, picks up at the other's home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">