• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleayh01

What is the name of your state? GA

How many reported contempts doses the other parent have to have in order for a judge to do something.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

How many reported contempts doses the other parent have to have in order for a judge to do something.
After one contempt FOUND BY THE COURT you usually get make up time. But you need to prove it in court.

Zephyr

reported how?

you actually have to file a motion for contempt in order for the judge to do anything

mommyof4

i have police reports of ncp not returning our child on numerous occasions
Well, have you used those reports to support your case in court?

A police report does not contempt make. It just shows that you had the police present when you had difficulties during pick up or drop off.

aleayh01

Well, have you used those reports to support your case in court?

A police report does not contempt make. It just shows that you had the police present when you had difficulties during pick up or drop off.

we go to court next month...ncp takes our child out of town without notifying me which is in our court order to notify other parent wherever the child stays. ncp don't have overnights yet but ncp takes child and keeps child overnight

mommyof4

we go to court next month...ncp takes our child out of town without notifying me which is in our court order to notify other parent wherever the child stays. ncp don't have overnights yet but ncp takes child and keeps child overnight
Ahh...sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realize that you do have a hearing set and were just asking about the possibly outcome. I thought (obviously, I was wrong:eek:) that YOU thought that since you had police reports that you had a legitimate finding of contempt. Sorry 'bout that.

OG answered your question in the first response. :)

aleayh01

Ahh...sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realize that you do have a hearing set and were just asking about the possibly outcome. I thought (obviously, I was wrong:eek:) that YOU thought that since you had police reports that you had a legitimate finding of contempt. Sorry 'bout that.

OG answered your question in the first response. :)

thanks all for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">