• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who can get custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

catgirlmissy

What is the name of your state? nj

I have a four yr old son, im not married to his father, he has establish paternity in the BC and is close to my son. I have not establish child support through court since at the time i don't need it, and his father cannot hold down a job and is very irresponsible when it comes to money, needless to say he is not stable and has not been in a very long time. I want him to be involved, but know that he would not be the best caretaker for my son.
I want to know if I can establish custody of my child to someone else other than his father in the event that i should die. If so, how, what are the steps? Or what would be the best thing to do in a case like this?

thanks

Just Blue

I have a four yr old son, im not married to his father, he has establish paternity in the BC and is close to my son. I have not establish child support through court since at the time i don't need it, and his father cannot hold down a job and is very irresponsible when it comes to money, needless to say he is not stable and has not been in a very long time. I want him to be involved, but know that he would not be the best caretaker for my son.
I want to know if I can establish custody of my child to someone else other than his father in the event that i should die. If so, how, what are the steps? Or what would be the best thing to do in a case like this?

thanks

No no no****************************

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He is dad and if you die his rights are superiors to anyone else when it comes to custody of HIS son. Not just your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">