• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody battle ending tragically

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

summerdawn

How sad and frightening. :( That's the county I was born in....

Those children are just about the same ages as my girls. The whole thing is just so horrible.

How sad and frightening. :( That's the county I was born in....

Those children are just about the same ages as my girls. The whole thing is just so horrible.

Then you may remember a similar incident last year in which the father killed all the kids, the mother and then himself during an exchange in a public park.

fairisfair

I didn't read it just for that reason...I don't feel like being sad...

sticking my head bac in the sand...
Keep your head stuck, there is nothing any of can do about this. Except maybe be a little more obliging to the next poster who comes here claiming that their ex is mentally ill and may hurt their children.

Lesson learned.

summerdawn

Keep your head stuck, there is nothing any of can do about this. Except maybe be a little more obliging to the next poster who comes here claiming that their ex is mentally ill and may hurt their children.

Lesson learned.
But what can they do fair? The judge in this case KNEW the man had mental problems, but a therapist had testified that his mental probems did not pose a threat to the children.

I hope I don't get jumped on for saying this, but I don't understand why the "parents right" trumps the child's safety in far too many cases...:(

summerdawn

I was just shocked that this is the second time this has happened in this area. The other occured about 6 months ago.

I hadn't heard about the other-I was born in Montgomery County, but raised on the West Coast. I was just a little surprised to see the county I was born in, in the news for something so tragic. Being on the West Coast I don't hear much about that area.

I hadn't heard about the other-I was born in Montgomery County, but raised on the West Coast. I was just a little surprised to see the county I was born in, in the news for something so tragic. Being on the West Coast I don't hear much about that area.
The other occured in laytonsville back in november. It happened during an exchange of the kids from the mom to the dad. the couple had DV history. I was not going to post the link since it was saddening others, but here it is if you want to read it.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/23/park.deaths.ap/index.html

Isis1

everytime i read something like this, i am truely amazed. i look into my children's eyes every day and cannot fathom the idea of doing anything to harm them. even having the baby blues, going through the depression of lack of sleep. this only happens when your need to control your surrounding is more important then your love for your children. it's just disgusting.

and truthfully, at some point this type of stuff does make a parent wonder what the other parent is capable of doing. and sometimes, there are no warning signs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">