• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Life Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAKik

What is the name of your state? PA

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am looking to purchase online term insurance.
One of the questions in the medical questionare asks:

Have you been hospitilized within the last 10 years? What if it had been
12 years? By answering no to that question could that cause problems in
the future if something should happen to me for my beneficiaries?

I have also been doing research regarding the MIB. Do all insurance companies
check that? I have never applied for life insurance before and from what I have
read records are purged in 7 years. I have nothing to hid but I really dont
like having records checked like a credit check if I am going to be applying to a few
insurance companies.

Also, can anyone tell me what the most common exclusions are and are they
part of "contestibility". Does that mean eg: If I get run over by a bike my ins. wouldn't cover, (just an example). just kidding but are there some quirky things they don't
cover. Most of these insurance companies do not provide a policy to look at ahead of
time.

Can anyone recommend to me a good online no medical term life insurance company.
I am looking at HBCS,( A+) and Liberty Life,(A). Wow my head is spinning......

Thanks so much.

P

Betty

What is the name of your state? PA

Thanks in advance for any advice. I am looking to purchase online term insurance.
One of the questions in the medical questionare asks:

Have you been hospitilized within the last 10 years? What if it had been
12 years? By answering no to that question could that cause problems in
the future if something should happen to me for my beneficiaries?

I have also been doing research regarding the MIB. Do all insurance companies
check that? I have never applied for life insurance before and from what I have
read records are purged in 7 years. I have nothing to hid but I really dont
like having records checked like a credit check if I am going to be applying to a few
insurance companies.

Also, can anyone tell me what the most common exclusions are and are they
part of "contestibility". Does that mean eg: If I get run over by a bike my ins. wouldn't cover, (just an example). just kidding but are there some quirky things they don't
cover. Most of these insurance companies do not provide a policy to look at ahead of
time.

Can anyone recommend to me a good online no medical term life insurance company.
I am looking at HBCS,( A+) and Liberty Life,(A). Wow my head is spinning......

Thanks so much.

P
If you have not been hospitalized within the past 10 years, you would answer no - there should be no problem there.

All cos. do not check MIB - it's according to whether they are a member of MIB or not. There is usually a form to sign that gives them the right to check MIB.

What exclusions a co. has would be in their policy - we can't say what they would be w/o reading the policy provisions.

It would be your decision which co. to go with if you want to go with an on-line co. The higher the rating, the better overall the co.

moburkes

Why are you looking to pay more for a no med policy?
Don't commit suicide in the first 2 years, don't die in the first 2 years after having lied on the application.

Betty

There is usually a reason why an individual wants a policy that doesn't involve *complete* underwriting. Some type of hx. there. (could be medical - could be something else)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">