• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended license due to insurance debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeronicaLodge

You're right. Except the law allows people in certain circumstances a fresh start or to pay their debt on a payment plan.

I responsibly pay my bills each month. But, when my daughters medical bills are more than my income I still responsbility go to work, take care of my family, work a 2nd job, etc to just to keep from being homeless. And I have lots of personal responbility, thanks very much.
um, mo, i never said anything about you.

moburkes

um, mo, i never said anything about you.
No, you didn't. But the "opportunity" to file BK is a legal right that everyone has. This person is no different. Also, this story is being told by a relative, not the person it happened to. I talk to customers everyday, and have seen situations in which customers unknowingly put themselves at risk because they didn't know, for example, that the old policy and the new policy need to end and start on the same day. Some don't realize, for example, that if a policy expires on 04/05, that on 04/05 you are NOT covered. They don't realize that the policy expired before they woke up this morning. We don't know how long he was without insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">