• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License/Passport question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I feel for you. I will never understand why the "deadbeats" of this world are allowed so many chances. I have been fighting for what seems like forever and it will probably comtinue for many, many more years. I mean, when you have someone that is so openly defying the court.....how can this be allowed to continue??? Why are they the only ones who catch the breaks from the courts and the CP does not get any????
Ok.....getting off my soapbox now. :eek:

What's even better.... about 2 years ago or something he asked for a modification to lower child support. I was like are you serious? Has paying nothing all these years suddenly become a hardship on you? Did he pay after he got child support reduced? Uhm nope. amazes me.

:Stands next to txrose by the soapbox: :p

So he's generally irresponsible huh? Just doesn't care...
not irresponsible...the ex abandoned the child to move in with a man that she met on the internet.

No, the non payor of child support broke the law first. Why do they need a car to go to work if they aren't paying what they are supposed to be paying anyway? I see your point, but if he was going to pay his support, he wouldn't be in the position he's in, so to now say I need my license to pay my support is assinine. He's been going to work and he hasn't been paying it....

he only stopped paying child support when he got temp custody and legal papers stopping the child support.

It would default back to whatever was currently in force.
we found out that the hard way.

I take that back... good call.
why would you consider that a good call when the ex had abandoned her child twice for someone that she didn't even know? I know...I didn't give you that detail. But I wouldn't consider my husband bad for doing what was right for his child. He paid his child support for 6 months while he had his child

Yes it is... because until a court of law told him otherwise, he still owed the money

Leaches are little things that stick to your skin and suck your blood. Latches is what you're talking about and no... it's not. There is an existing order and the court maintains jurisdiction. The ex has until after your husband dies and the estate is settled to collect the money that is ALREADY court ordered.
sorry...I knew that I associated it with a leach...which the word is
from.

Now, stop trying to protect your husband and tell him to get the money paid.
I am not trying to protect my husband. I just want clarity in my own mind. My ex was a deadbeat dad that never paid child support and never had anything to do with our child. I would leave my husband in a heartbeat if he treated his child that way. He pays child support and is paying the arrears.

sorry, I just figured out how to post this correctly. :eek:

What's even better.... about 2 years ago or something he asked for a modification to lower child support. I was like are you serious? Has paying nothing all these years suddenly become a hardship on you? Did he pay after he got child support reduced? Uhm nope. amazes me.

:Stands next to txrose by the soapbox: :p
OMG!!:eek: I cannot believe that he could even enter that motion in!!! Maybe the money he paid to file should have been paid to you! :D

I bet there are lots more who would join us....perhaps we need a bigger soapbox! ;)

OMG!!:eek: I cannot believe that he could even enter that motion in!!! Maybe the money he paid to file should have been paid to you! :D

I bet there are lots more who would join us....perhaps we need a bigger soapbox! ;)
Our case is done through Child Support Enforcement so I guess either party can request a modification hearing every 3 years or something. Honestly... I've given up all hope long ago that I will ever see a dime from him. I raise my daughter to the best of my ability with what I have and that's all I can do. I stay in contact with CSE and give them whatever they need but I don't put too much effort into the case. I realized I'd rather be here now for my daughter instead of trying to force blood from a turnip. I wish that long ago CSE had used their methods of enforcing child support because now he's never had his lincese suspended, never had a lien put on property, nothing, none of that. So in his eyes I can easily see how he would think he doesn't have to pay, and he will get away with it. He's made his choices, one day he will regret them and it will be all too late.

*Goes to look for the biggest soap box she can find* ;)

NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. Court orders are court orders. And ditto what everyone else said on public transportation. Most cities have buses, trains. He could ride with coworkers, he could hitch, he could find a job in walking distance. Something....there are ways around it. My brother did all of the above when his license was suspended for failure to pay child support. It can be done.

OH, my husband gets to work...I am just talking in general. You live in my area. DART has not made it to McKinney yet. But I get what you are saying. But living in small towns, it could make it hard.

I read where your ex has dodged the system just like my ex did. It is ashamed that people can get away with making babies and not supporting them.

My husband paid child support for his child for over 6 months while he lived with us until our lawyer legally stopped the child support (at least we thought it was legal). His child lived with us 3 years. Now it is showing that he was 30k behind on child support. He has been paying it off...and now it is half paid. They said that since he was half paid, they were going to lower his arrears payment...he does not want that. The sooner this is paid the better for everyone.

It is just hard knowing that my husband had to pay her child support when the child lived with him and he didn't receive any help from her any during those 3 years.

I did find a server for you. but not sure how good the service is.

OH, my husband gets to work...I am just talking in general. You live in my area. DART has not made it to McKinney yet. But I get what you are saying. But living in small towns, it could make it hard.

I read where your ex has dodged the system just like my ex did. It is ashamed that people can get away with making babies and not supporting them.

My husband paid child support for his child for over 6 months while he lived with us until our lawyer legally stopped the child support (at least we thought it was legal). His child lived with us 3 years. Now it is showing that he was 30k behind on child support. He has been paying it off...and now it is half paid. They said that since he was half paid, they were going to lower his arrears payment...he does not want that. The sooner this is paid the better for everyone.

It is just hard knowing that my husband had to pay her child support when the child lived with him and he didn't receive any help from her any during those 3 years.

I did find a server for you. but not sure how good the service is.
I do understand in the smaller towns that public transportation is harder to find....and as long as he is trying to do what is right legally, that is what is important. He has just got to exhaust every possibilty to get to work. Pay a coworkers 40 bucks or so a week to take him back and forth.

Thanks for letting me know. Pm me with it if you can.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Leaches are little things that stick to your skin and suck your blood. Latches is what you're talking about and no... it's not. There is an existing order and the court maintains jurisdiction. The ex has until after your husband dies and the estate is settled to collect the money that is ALREADY court ordered.
And LATCHES are things that keep doors closed. LACHES are what y'all are talking about. Geez. If *we* who are offering legal input can't get it right, why the heck do we get pissy with posters who really don't know better?

CourtClerk

And LATCHES are things that keep doors closed. LACHES are what y'all are talking about. Geez. If *we* who are offering legal input can't get it right, why the heck do we get pissy with posters who really don't know better?
Ok... I threw a t in there... sue me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">