• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd lien holder didn't step up during bankruptcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? nc

i have a situation, i am looking to buy a house that is going to foreclosure and the homeowner has a second lien holder that went out of business and can't be found.

is there a way to have the lien dismissed because we need to contact the lien holder to see if they will accept less than the amount they are owed. the sellers bankruptcy attorney stated that the lien isn't valid since the holder didn't step up during the time allowed by statute. this is new to me.

i just want to know if the lien is still valid and if it is, can the homeowner file some type of petition to have the lien released from the house as the holder is MIA?

FlyingRon

Liens aren't typically discharged in banrkuptcy. If he is so confident, tell him to get it cleared up before you will purchase the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">