• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No CS again.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? dc

once again, ex picked up and dropped off ds without handing me the CS. CO states he is to pay me directly. He always pays in cash. This time I said nothing, but let him go on hie merry way because I didnt want him to start arguuing infront of my child. I thought to email him as well but didnt want him to get touchy either. Should I just let it go and file contempt when he is late or send him an email to remind him.

penelope10

What is the name of your state? dc

once again, ex picked up and dropped off ds without handing me the CS. CO states he is to pay me directly. He always pays in cash. This time I said nothing, but let him go on hie merry way because I didnt want him to start arguuing infront of my child. I thought to email him as well but didnt want him to get touchy either. Should I just let it go and file contempt when he is late or send him an email to remind him.
How much does he owe? One payments, multiple payments, what? If it were me I'd send him correspondence regarding the payment.

I mean how touchy do you think he's gonna be if you file a contempt motion and he only owes this payment.....Just some food for thought---not trying to be rude.

proud_parent

First, to pay you "directly" does not mean he must necessarily place the money straight into your awaiting hand. It can mean that he may remit payment to you without the payment being processed through your state's CSEA or the clerk of court where your order was entered. He can choose to do that by check, direct deposit, or carrier pigeon, so long as the funds are received.

Second, your repeated posts on this same topic are tiresome. You were given appropriate legal advice earlier.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=394446

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">