• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wnbama

lets see....
I am the NCP. I will take five weeks as 35 days.
My weekend is this weekend. I get F, S, Su. Those are mine anyway. I will then take M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su, M, T, W, Th. That is fourteen days in a row. I have used 11 vacation days out of 35.

Okay. What I have done is allowed based on your summer vacation. Oh but I also get the child back on F, S, and Su. I will of course return the child on Thursday and then get the child back on Friday. That works based on your wording.

Easier method> SUMMER VACATION: The NCP shall have five weeks of vacation. Such vacation shall be scheduled one week at a time with no more than two consecutive weeks being taken. School year weekend visitation shall not take place during the summer.

Get rid of the days. Because I can stretch it. And still work with your wording. And not be in contempt. And you can whine all you want but since you are writing it, all ambiguities go against you.
I am still lost on it. However, I will get a calender and mark the days like you said and hopefully, I will understand what you mean.

So this part mean nothing?
shall not be extended because other visitation days fall within the chosen summer visitation weeks [EOW]

Last edited:

wnbama

We've had snow before... "The Blizzard of 93" happened in March. :p

I hate that Shelby County forced the Vincent schools to go back to the traditional school year. Nothing but politics... somebody at the state level didn't like it and made it tough for the local BOE. (The AEA (education union) runs this state. :mad: ) I wish the whole state would go to year-around schools. I think children do better when you don't give them a chance to forget what they've learned before. :D
OH, I remember, the "The Blizzard of 93" , 20 inches of snow and no power for a week! The whole state was shut down! LOL

Yes, it is a shame that the forced them to go back to traditional school year.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Don't remember who had it in their C.O., but they alternated WHO got to pick their weeks. So, in even years, the NCP gets to pick first; odd years, the CP gets to pick first. Keeps you from being at the mercy of the NCP for the next x years.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am still lost on it. However, I will get a calender and mark the days like you said and hopefully, I will understand what you mean.

So this part mean nothing?
shall not be extended because other visitation days fall within the chosen summer visitation weeks [EOW]
The days I picked did NOT have the weekends fall within. They were bookending. If you want him to just get five weeks during the summer then state FIVE WEEKS. And not mess with days. Oh and a week begins on Sunday. Look at a Calendar. The week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. That is a week. So he would get five periods of time that begin on Sunday and end on Saturday.

wnbama

lets see....
I am the NCP. I will take five weeks as 35 days.
My weekend is this weekend. I get F, S, Su. Those are mine anyway. I will then take M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su, M, T, W, Th. That is fourteen days in a row. I have used 11 vacation days out of 35.

Okay. What I have done is allowed based on your summer vacation. Oh but I also get the child back on F, S, and Su. I will of course return the child on Thursday and then get the child back on Friday. That works based on your wording.

Easier method> SUMMER VACATION: The NCP shall have five weeks of vacation. Such vacation shall be scheduled one week at a time with no more than two consecutive weeks being taken. School year weekend visitation shall not take place during the summer.

Get rid of the days. Because I can stretch it. And still work with your wording. And not be in contempt. And you can whine all you want but since you are writing it, all ambiguities go against you.
The days I picked did NOT have the weekends fall within. They were bookending. If you want him to just get five weeks during the summer then state FIVE WEEKS. And not mess with days. Oh and a week begins on Sunday. Look at a Calendar. The week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday. That is a week. So he would get five periods of time that begin on Sunday and end on Saturday.
I am really not trying to be stupid here, but I bolded the weekends that fell within, so maybe it's just taking time to "sink" in to my head. :confused:

Yes, I do know that weeks actually do start on Sunday and end on Saturday.

Can anyone else understand what OG is stating and see if they can clarify?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am really not trying to be stupid here, but I bolded the weekends that fell within, so maybe it's just taking time to "sink" in to my head. :confused:

Yes, I do know that weeks actually do start on Sunday and end on Saturday.

Can anyone else understand what OG is stating and see if they can clarify?
He gets Every OTHER weekend. The first F, S, Su that you highlighted is NOT within the vacation time. The vacation time starts on the MONDAY following that weekend. The weekend precedes the actual vacation time. The other weekend if I am reading you correctly is within the time but it is vacation days (part of the 11 vacation days) and then at the end AFTER the vacation time (again not WITHIN the vacation time) I took another weekend because that would have been my weekend on an EOW schedule.

All because you want to include 35 days in the order instead of just leaving it at five weeks which would mean five periods from sunday through Saturday throughout the summer that he would have them.And only those periods of time that he would have them.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
He gets Every OTHER weekend. The first F, S, Su that you highlighted is NOT within the vacation time. The vacation time starts on the MONDAY following that weekend. The weekend precedes the actual vacation time. The other weekend if I am reading you correctly is within the time but it is vacation days (part of the 11 vacation days) and then at the end AFTER the vacation time (again not WITHIN the vacation time) I took another weekend because that would have been my weekend on an EOW schedule.

All because you want to include 35 days in the order instead of just leaving it at five weeks which would mean five periods from sunday through Saturday throughout the summer that he would have them.And only those periods of time that he would have them.
In other words, give him blocks of days instead of individual days. (Am I interpreting that correctly, OG?)

jbowman

Dont know if this is an easy solution for you but NCP in my case gets July 1 - Aug 15. During that time CP gets EOW (swapped). You say you live close each other. It may work with no confusion.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In other words, give him blocks of days instead of individual days. (Am I interpreting that correctly, OG?)
Yes. Give him five weeks with each week beginning Sunday at 6pm and ending Saturday at 6pm with no weekends during the summer. Hence he gets 5 weeks of the summer and you get the rest of the summer.

nextwife

Memorial Day and 4th of July are the only 2 that does not fall within "school holidays" and I will add those forgot about them and do a even / odd year for each of us.

Yes, everything "tiny" thing HAS to be spelled out for him or otherwise it total HE11.

I am trying to be as fair as possible on all things, of course, I had to learn to do that and I learned "what battles to pick" off here. This is site is the BEST!
Memorial Day DOESN"T fal within the school year????? Our district has school for two weeks following Memorial Day.

Does your district also have a "fall Break"? Ours usually is closed one or two days corresponding with the Fall Jewish Holidays when all those kids would be out of school. If so, you should also address fall break days.

wnbama

I get it!!! I get it!! Thank you!

wnbama

Dont know if this is an easy solution for you but NCP in my case gets July 1 - Aug 15. During that time CP gets EOW (swapped). You say you live close each other. It may work with no confusion.
I tried that last year. My son missed my Birthday and I missed his Birthday and the NCP will not ALLOW any contact while son is with him. Then, this year my son begged me not to make him go (that long ever again)5 weeks straight without being able to talk to me.So, I broke it up.

Memorial Day DOESN"T fal within the school year????? Our district has school for two weeks following Memorial Day.

This year school got out on May 21st. BUT we start this year on Aug. 7th. Also, here Memorial Day, is not considered a "school holidays" for the ones that do have to go pass it. Or That was the way it was when I was in school...but of course that was 20 years ago!

Does your district also have a "fall Break"? Ours usually is closed one or two days corresponding with the Fall Jewish Holidays when all those kids would be out of school. If so, you should also address fall break days.
My county does not do the "fall break" they break it out into "inclement weather days / teacher workdays throughout the year" tacked onto a weekend. ie: a Friday or Monday.

Ok, so I'm curious:

What do you folks consider a "Blizzard"?
We had 19-20 inches of snow that fell in a manner of a few hours. IF it snows more than 2 inches the whole city is closed down. We do not have the equipment to clear the roads. I have not seen more 2 inches in YEARS! And most of the time the ground is too warm for it to stick around more than a day.

Here's a story on the Blizzard of '93: http://www.srh.noaa.gov/bmx/significant_events/1993/Blizzard_of_1993/index.php

Last edited:

TinkerBelleLuvr

tried that last year. My son missed my Birthday and I missed his Birthday and the NCP will not ALLOW any contact while son is with him. Then, this year my son begged me not to make him go (that long ever again)5 weeks straight without being able to talk to me.So, I broke it up.
Then put it in your court order that you have x amount of contact per week, applicable to either parent.

wnbama

Then put it in your court order that you have x amount of contact per week, applicable to either parent.
I will do that, I have bought son a pre-paid phone (NCP does not have a landline) and I have set-up email address and IM for son as well. I guess I need to include that too huh?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">