• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

giving incorrect numbers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevlan23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

When i first filed for child support, he was and still is crying that he doesn't make a lot money and he had two other kids to support, so he has been giving me $300 a month. I was and i still am fine with that. I didn't have my kid to take his money. When i went for my interview with the child support people i said my bills are lower than they actually are. (I realize now that i am a very stupid person, you don't have to remind me.) I pay for my daughter's health ins which in itself is $100 a month for her alone. When i asked him to put our daughter under his plan (because he would not be charged any extra money, i found out) he said no. When i asked him get a life insurance policy he became very angry and now has told child support that he wants to go to court.

My fear is this, i lied about my bills during my interview. I'm i going to get in trouble? Do i need to get a lawyer now? Please help, i'm really afraid.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

When i first filed for child support, he was and still is crying that he doesn't make a lot money and he had two other kids to support, so he has been giving me $300 a month. I was and i still am fine with that. I didn't have my kid to take his money. When i went for my interview with the child support people i said my bills are lower than they actually are. (I realize now that i am a very stupid person, you don't have to remind me.) I pay for my daughter's health ins which in itself is $100 a month for her alone. When i asked him to put our daughter under his plan (because he would not be charged any extra money, i found out) he said no. When i asked him get a life insurance policy he became very angry and now has told child support that he wants to go to court.

My fear is this, i lied about my bills during my interview. I'm i going to get in trouble? Do i need to get a lawyer now? Please help, i'm really afraid.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
CS is based on incomes, not expenses. Not being truthful about your expenses isn't the best thing, but the only way you will be in trouble is if a deviation from the guidelines is done based on your lies.

OhReally?

My fear is this, i lied about my bills during my interview. I'm i going to get in trouble? Do i need to get a lawyer now? Please help, i'm really afraid.
You should be afraid. When you lie, regardless whether it has any relevance or not, hurts your credibility and, in some cases, create serious problems for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">