• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dorigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tenn

When an employer uses a computer program like Time Off Tracker and they input your PTO hours at the beginning of the year, and they send out email notifications that times are correct. Can they 8 months later (after time has been uesd) turn around and say that they were wrong and that you didn't have that much time available? :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you suggesting that somewhere along the line a legislative body passed a law prohibiting an employer from making corrections when an error is made?

Of course they can.

dorigo

Thanks I was only asking a question not asking for a sarcastic reply...For the last 8 months the EMPLOYER has said that the vacation times posted online at time tracker were correct, now that 6 people in our branch have taken their time off and it was APPROVED by said EMPLOYER they now are saying these people have to repay for some of the time that was APPROVED. If what you say is correct it may be legal but it sure isn't a good loyality builder.

mlane58

Thanks I was only asking a question not asking for a sarcastic reply...For the last 8 months the EMPLOYER has said that the vacation times posted online at time tracker were correct, now that 6 people in our branch have taken their time off and it was APPROVED by said EMPLOYER they now are saying these people have to repay for some of the time that was APPROVED. If what you say is correct it may be legal but it sure isn't a good loyality builder.
cbg was asking a rhetorical question, if you can't read that, then ? and we are not here to assist you or anyone in building loyalty.

ecmst12

Yes, it is legal. The advice is free, the sarcasm is your gift with purchase. Lighten up, this isn't a life or death matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">