• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nykhol

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

So, the police came to my house because of someone calling the cops on a domestic. I was in my bedroom sleeping with my fiance and the police came and told me i had to come and talk to them. i got out of bed and they asked me if i had been drinking and i told them the night before. then we walked into my kitchen and they were asking me if my fiance abused me and i kept telling them no. They appered to get very upset with the fact that i was not telling them what they wanted to here and they stated "if you dont cooperate we can give you a breath-a-lizer and throw you in jail." so they did give me one and i blew a 0.089. So they wrote me a ticket. My question is i was in my own personal residence and if you look up torture in the minensota statue it is harrassing and all that crap so can they find me guilty? I belive you can drink in your own personal residence, it is private property and i was in bed SLEEPING

Nykhol

A

torture- any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, so yes, i ment what i said, and i am 19. I am just curious if i can fight this!!

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

So, the police came to my house because of someone calling the cops on a domestic. I was in my bedroom sleeping with my fiance and the police came and told me i had to come and talk to them. i got out of bed and they asked me if i had been drinking and i told them the night before. then we walked into my kitchen and they were asking me if my fiance abused me and i kept telling them no. They appered to get very upset with the fact that i was not telling them what they wanted to here and they stated "if you dont cooperate we can give you a breath-a-lizer and throw you in jail." so they did give me one and i blew a 0.089. So they wrote me a ticket. My question is i was in my own personal residence and if you look up torture in the minensota statue it is harrassing and all that crap so can they find me guilty? I belive you can drink in your own personal residence, it is private property and i was in bed SLEEPING
Ain't no torture here.

But neither is the whole story.

outonbail

torture- any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or a third person information or a confession, so yes, i ment what i said, and i am 19. I am just curious if i can fight this!!
I want you to be a little more specific on the actual torture process they subjected you to. If it's one of the well known methods, you may be sitting on a gold mine!

Did they break out the bamboo chutes and drive them up under your fingernails? Man, I heard that stings like a SOB.

Or did they take you back to the station and strap you into one of those body stretching thing-a-ma-jigs? From what I'm told, they're another very effective tool of torture.

Perhaps you were made to walk through hot coals barefoot or lie down completely naked on a bed of nails? OK, face down! Yeah, that'd get anyone confessing in a New York minute.....

Or the most horrible torture of them all, they strapped you in a chair, propped your eyelids open with toothpicks and made you watch old re-runs of The Brady Bunch for forty eight straight hours? (Just like in clockwork orange, only the Brady Bunch wasn't available at the time)

Let us know ASAP which method you were forced to endure,,,

rebecca24

you'll never get a real response here.these douche bags are only here to glorify themselves and impress one another with how low they can make you feel.
they may know law, but I bet every one of them have a very lonely personal life.
my advice:get a real lawyer,your constititional rights have been violated.

Nativity

No unless you're 21 it's illegal to drink it doesn't matter if you own your own home and the land it sits on, it is still illegal. That kind of logic is just as stupid as saying you should be able to murder someone, as long as it's in your own house?

There is a way to prevent this from happening again, want to know what it is?

Stop drinking underage!

PJ Weber

Or the most horrible torture of them all, they strapped you in a chair, propped your eyelids open with toothpicks and made you watch old re-runs of The Brady Bunch for forty eight straight hours?
That would do it for me!

Now cruel and unusual would be the same but with Love Boat reruns !!

outonbail

you'll never get a real response here.these douche bags are only here to glorify themselves and impress one another with how low they can make you feel.
Are you feeling low? If so, I don't think it's because of anything you read on this site, I think it was your son's roof-top adventures that landed you in the basement.

Unfortunately, we don't deal with low self esteem issues here. So you might try posting on Dr. Phil.com,,,,,

CourtClerk

Are you feeling low? If so, I don't think it's because of anything you read on this site, I think it was your son's roof-top adventures that landed you in the basement.

Unfortunately, we don't deal with low self esteem issues here. So you might try posting on Dr. Phil.com,,,,,
Come on OOB, we're talking about someone who has a 14 year old, but still uses the term "douche bag" in everyday language. A year ago, she was applying for a job at The Gap. How intelligent could she be, that at 14, the only job she can get is entry level retail???

outonbail

Come on OOB, we're talking about someone who has a 14 year old, but still uses the term "douche bag" in everyday language.
Yeah, quite the roll model mom is. :cool:
But what I found ironic is that she was here complaining about the owner of the building, which her son entered illegally to damage the roof with his skateboard, was calling her son "filthy" names.

Something tells me it wasn't the first time junior was called filthy names,,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">