• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change visitation but retain Sole Custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Okla.

Is it possible to change the visitation order and retain sole custody when you had it before the change was put in order? We are trying a temporary visitation order does that change the custody too? My ex's wife told me they have temp. custody even though my daughter lives with me and I was told by my atty. that there was no modification in custody.

Also, there was an order in place that my daughter was not to be taken to a certain place by the parenting coordinator who has not been removed as of the new visitation order. She will be taken to this place this weekend even though the order is still in force can they do that?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Okla.

Is it possible to change the visitation order and retain sole custody when you had it before the change was put in order? We are trying a temporary visitation order does that change the custody too? My ex's wife told me they have temp. custody even though my daughter lives with me and I was told by my atty. that there was no modification in custody.
Also, there was an order in place that my daughter was not to be taken to a certain place by the parenting coordinator who has not been removed as of the new visitation order. She will be taken to this place this weekend even though the order is still in force can they do that?
who is we?

never take legal advice from an ex, especially don't take any advice from whomever they are sleeping with.

why would you not trust your attorney?

disobeying a court order should result in a contempt of court.

I am sorry. Ok, the parenting coordinator put in an order but not a court order to prevent my ex and his wife from taking my daughter to their church it is occultic. She said that was only until the temp. custody hearing took place. She said they have temp. custody which is a bold faced lie I have sole custody my atty. told me that my custody was not modified.

The assoc. to the parenting coordinator told me they were told we have joint custody and my ability to enforce religious decision is null and void. I am confused as I was told custody was not modified. My daughter lives with me. I was never told that order was removed regarding that church.

They have been following this order for 3 weeks and not taken her to their church.

Last edited:

Isis1

okay...i'm quite confused as well.

what did the original order say?

what does this new temp order say?

The parenting coordinators order states they are not to take my daughter to that church. The new visitation order is temporary and I was told there is no modification in custody therefore my daughter lives with me and stays with the 5-2-2 and alternating weekends.

I still have sole custody but doing shared visitation. That ex said they have temp. custody and because I am against their church she called me an athiest.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The parenting coordinators order states they are not to take my daughter to that church. The new visitation order is temporary and I was told there is no modification in custody therefore my daughter lives with me and stays with the 5-2-2 and alternating weekends.

I still have sole custody but doing shared visitation. That ex said they have temp. custody and because I am against their church she called me an athiest.
That is an unconstitutional order. A court cannot prohibit someone from practicing their religion. Why was dad told he was not allowed to take his child to his church? Does doing so put the child in PHYSICAL danger?

LdiJ

I still think that you are not being clear enough.

Ok, we know that you started out with sole custody.

Start at the beginning and tell us what happened legally.

Or, in the alternative stop asking for advice here, and talk to your attorney.

he never calls me back we play phone tag. He is also a high powered criminal attorneys so he is very busy.

I don't mean to confuse everyone but I keep hearing different stories to this new visitation order.

LdiJ

That is an unconstitutional order. A court cannot prohibit someone from practicing their religion. Why was dad told he was not allowed to take his child to his church? Does doing so put the child in PHYSICAL danger?
There can be some exceptions to that....rare exceptions, but some. I know of a handful of cases where a parent was prohibited from exposing a child to their religion, which were upheld constitutionally. Of course those cases involved extradordinarily non-mainstream/cult type religions.

I removed myself and our daughter because that pastor called me out because I am afraid of bugs people!!! WTH?? my daughter fell to the floor in fear they tried to get her to repeat that prayer and thats when she fell to the floor afraid I picked her up and we walked out and never went back and they have never let it go. For at least 2 weeks I was harrased on the phone and visited once at my home. We have found a lovely church by my home that is different than theirs and they still wont let it go.

Just Blue

the parenting coordinator put in an order but not a court order to prevent my ex and his wife from taking my daughter to their church it is occultic.

Please clarify this. What do you mean "occultic"? Do they sacrifice animals and small children to the devil?:confused:

of course not no but I was called out more than anyone else for silly stupid stuff. Sitting behind my ex for awhile, accidentally touching him on the leg I was called out and picked on. The ex refused me access to my daughter as well at that church and refused me access to my daughter in their home too. They said that her autism is not such but a spirit does that give you an idea?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">