• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I am asking for my granddaughter..... Her boyfriend (baby's daddy as it is stated now a days) was arrested approximately a year ago on three charges**************. burglary of unoccupied dwelling, Grand Theft 3rd degree, and dealing in stolen property...... This kid has never been in trouble before except for a cigg before the age of 18...... He is guilty of these crimes the circumstances are way to involved for me to get into the bottom line is he did it regardless of why and who else was involved. He hired an attorney who had a case involving another party to these crimes. The case he had was to discredit the other party in this unrelated case, after attending court when required and showing up at the attorney's office for meetings and doing everything requested of him almost a year later and thousands of dollars the attorney informed this young man that he was taking himself off the case. What does that mean for her boyfriend? What about all the money spent to this point? If a conflict of intrest why did the attorney take a year to feel it to be a conflict? He knew from the start who this other person was and that he was involved with this other unrelated case?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I am asking for my granddaughter..... Her boyfriend (baby's daddy as it is stated now a days) was arrested approximately a year ago on three charges**************. burglary of unoccupied dwelling, Grand Theft 3rd degree, and dealing in stolen property...... This kid has never been in trouble before except for a cigg before the age of 18...... He is guilty of these crimes the circumstances are way to involved for me to get into the bottom line is he did it regardless of why and who else was involved. He hired an attorney who had a case involving another party to these crimes. The case he had was to discredit the other party in this unrelated case, after attending court when required and showing up at the attorney's office for meetings and doing everything requested of him almost a year later and thousands of dollars the attorney informed this young man that he was taking himself off the case. What does that mean for her boyfriend?

**A: that means boyfriend is going to have to find a new attorney.

###############
What about all the money spent to this point?

**A: what about it? It's been used up to pay for legal services and costs.

##############

If a conflict of intrest why did the attorney take a year to feel it to be a conflict? He knew from the start who this other person was and that he was involved with this other unrelated case?

**A: ask the attorney that question, not us.

Wow...... thanks for the advise if thats what you call it..... I understand he needs to look for a new attorney, I was only asking for an opinion here..... With the money thing I understand too that it was used up on leagal stuff but will that legal knowledge that the money was spent on be forwarded to the next attorney or possibly the public defender now that blood has stopped coming from the turnip. Please do not get me wrong..... these kids now a days have no pride and involve themselves with the here and now and screw the outcome...... until the outcome comes!! Shame on them...... but everyone is entitled to their day in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">