• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyto 2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
Hi everyone, it has been a while since I have been here but once again - another question. Was back in court one month ago today. Judge stated we would get his orders in two days. As of yet have not heard a word from him. Last week, his clerk called my attorney and stated they were working on them. Is this normal? In the past, I always received the orders right after the court hearing, so I am somewhat surprised about this. There was nothing being argued that was earth shattering. No change of custody, or visitation schedule.

Isis1

Over 90 days -dear God. I guess I should be glad they won't be life altering orders!
probably no worries. so far, i too have seen my orders come in after 2 days of the hearing, but i have heard it being the norm to take longer. after a month, i'd probably go down to the courthouse myself to take a peek and ask a question.

mommyto 2

They have always been faxed directly to my attorney. The main order I need to know about is the restraint of the step mother from educational and medical meeting and contacting professionals involved with children. During the hearing he agreed to such restraint but I need the paperwork. The rest I am not concerned about.

truebluemd

It took 4 months for our first order to be signed and a month and a half on the second. The only reason why we got the second one faster was because we had another hearing soon after and teh judge wanted to wrap up the order for the first one. But you should be able to call the judges clerk to let them know you havnt received anything. I too think it depends on how busy or backed up they are. Ive noticed teh masters in my court dont seem to get a lot of downtime for paperwork in between hearing cases.

mommyto 2

Quick update

Hi everyone - I finally received the court orders! Took two months - but I got them and they are great! Without going into a ton of details I just wanted to make a quick statement to all the step parents who forget their boundaries when it comes to the children. In my order I was able to get step restrained from contacting any professional involved with the children and from attending any meeting involving the children. Only their father or myself have those rights and they are now put into a court order. So step's who over step, when the Seniors on this sight tell you to remember you place, you should listen to their warnings.

Thanks again to all who were supportive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">