• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wnbama

Your post/descussion here has helped me more than you could understand. I already know my decree/visitaion needs to be modified. Your visitation schedule you have listed has given me somewhere to start! I know every case is different, but I am also having problems with the new SM.

Good luck in your future and thanks for a direction!
Your Welcome, I'm glad my post could help someone!

wnbama

Another Question

When we was at court last Monday, my lawyer advised his lawyer that he could have contact with our son via son’s prepaid phone, that I would provide him with our sons email and IM address for communication between them. I showed our son how to use the email and helped him type an email to his Daddy. He has talked to his Daddy on the phone few times last week. NCP knew I was throwing a Birthday party for our son on Saturday, NCP call son Saturday morning on his prepaid phone before the party started. Then late Saturday afternoon, NCP call MY cell phone, I just assumed he wanted to talk to his son, so I handed the phone to our son. They talked for a few minutes and son handed me the phone back because stating daddy wants to talk to you. He was calling to see what games he had got at the party for the wii. He stated he just wanted to make sure that he didn’t get the same games. That he could mail him his presents if needed.

Now to my question: Sons birthday is actually Thursday. Son wants to see his Daddy really bad. I have no problem with his, BUT I have a TRO on NCP for me. My lawyer was going to get the TRO dismissed at court however, that did not all work out right and I am now in a “holding” pattern for the court, GAL and Judge at this point. Would it be a wise choice to maybe send him an email from me stating that we will be at the park at such and such time, if you want to come by yourself and give your our son your presents at this time it will be ok with me? Or would I be doing something wrong in the courts eyes?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The danger of that is he could be setting himself up for trouble due to it. It might be a better idea for your to arrange a third party to take son to the park. I do not recall how your TRO is worded (if you even posted it) and he may feel as though he were being set up. Could a third party take son to the park on Thursday to see dad?

wnbama

It's just states he is to have NO CONTACT with me at all and to stay 500 feet from me in public places. (sorry, I don't have it with me to know th exact wording at this moment)

My thought was, we have this new playground that is HUGH here, I could drive up and let son out and watch him from the car and tell NCP to meet him on the playground. That way there would be no interaction between me and NCP.

That's a good idea. However, none of my frinds would meet him ANYWHERE becuse of his mouthand his accusing all of them of many things over the years.. My mom is in the hospital and my Dad is too sick with cancer to be able to do it. Both my siblings live out of town as well. So, I'm stuck on that one. I would actually call him Mom and see if you would do it. BUT he refuses to let his own mom and sister see our son.

Anymore suggestions?

Last edited:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I like the idea of meeting at the park. The way you guys work the exchange is Son gets out of your car and into Dad's, correct? If that doesn't violate the TRO, then I don't see why the park idea wouldn't work. But I'd wait until Dad gets out of his car before I'd turn Son loose to meet Dad. Conversely, you could be with Son in park, and have Dad call Son's cell phone when he gets there; you retreat to the car, and Son gets to see Dad.

Last edited:

wnbama

That was my thought as well. Just don't want to do anything that will backfire on me down the road.

Any suggestions, how I should word the email to him?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
That was my thought as well. Just don't want to do anything that will backfire on me down the road.

Any suggestions, how I should word the email to him?
Maybe something along the lines of:
"Dad:
As you know, Thursday is Son's b'day. He would like to see you and I am willing to facilitate that. If you are agreeable, we will arrange for you to see him on Thursday at ?o'clock. We will be at the Park near the ?. If you would call his cell and let him know that you are in the Park, then we can avoid violating the TRO.

Let me know if this works for you....
Mom"

wnbama

Update!!

I just wanted to come back and give everyone an update on my case and to say THANK YOU to everyone that has helped me through out this pass year! (I liked 12 days from it being exactly 1 yr...it has been a very long one at that!)

We went to court today for visitation. NCP decided (for whatever reason) that he wanted "standard visitation" and not what had been agreed upon. [see above] :rolleyes: After ALOT of going back and forth over the fact I was not budging from meeting at the police station. He wanted to meet at Wal-Mart [BTDT doesn't work for our case] He wanted me to provide him with all medical and school records. Of course that is state law he has access to them, he can get them himself. Get his approval to take my son to the doctor. And to allow my son to ride the bus home to their home everyday. I would not agree to any of it. Finally his lawyer said we was going to trial, so my lawyer and I packed up and was getting ready to leave and his lawyer comes running out of the courthouse to ask us to stop and if we would consider waiting a few more minutes for him to "convince" his client to do the right thing! :eek:

In the end NCP signed the agreement, the GAL signed and we are now waiting on the to order it, from what I understand it's now a temp order till the Judge signs them. :p

He will be finally getting to see his son for the first time since last Feb this weekend!!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I just wanted to come back and give everyone an update on my case and to say THANK YOU to everyone that has helped me through out this pass year! (I liked 12 days from it being exactly 1 yr...it has been a very long one at that!)

We went to court today for visitation. NCP decided (for whatever reason) that he wanted "standard visitation" and not what had been agreed upon. [see above] :rolleyes: After ALOT of going back and forth over the fact I was not budging from meeting at the police station. He wanted to meet at Wal-Mart [BTDT doesn't work for our case] He wanted me to provide him with all medical and school records. Of course that is state law he has access to them, he can get them himself. Get his approval to take my son to the doctor. And to allow my son to ride the bus home to their home everyday. I would not agree to any of it. Finally his lawyer said we was going to trial, so my lawyer and I packed up and was getting ready to leave and his lawyer comes running out of the courthouse to ask us to stop and if we would consider waiting a few more minutes for him to "convince" his client to do the right thing! :eek:

In the end NCP signed the agreement, the GAL signed and we are now waiting on the to order it, from what I understand it's now a temp order till the Judge signs them. :p

He will be finally getting to see his son for the first time since last Feb this weekend!!
Glad he saw the light, wnbama. Roll Tide! Roll! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">