• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

life insurance question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moneycorrupts

I was wondering - my mother resides in the state of Arizona. I do not. I am concerned that she has taken out a life insurance policy on me over there and was wondering if there's some legal way for her to do this without my knowledge or awareness... perhaps by puttng me under her policy in her "household" or something like that? I called the insurance company she has and found out that I am listed as such-- but because it's her policy, not mine, I'm concerned I won't be able to get as complete of information as I'd like about what she may have taken out on me.

If anything.

And yes I am of age.

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this issue.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was wondering - my mother resides in the state of Arizona. I do not. I am concerned that she has taken out a life insurance policy on me over there and was wondering if there's some legal way for her to do this without my knowledge or awareness... perhaps by puttng me under her policy in her "household" or something like that? And yes I am of age. Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this issue.
Legally, she cannot do that.

Now, *if* she did...does it matter?

moneycorrupts

I don't understand how it could not matter. I would like to know if my mother had some very expensive life insurance policy out on me.

Wouldn't anyone?

moneycorrupts

I don't know if I need an attorney. I don't know for sure that she has a life insurance policy out on me-- I just know that if there's any way she could, she would, and I suppose I'm trying to figure out whether she'd be willing to break the law for it.

I should add that she has "inside connections" with someone in this company and I'm concerned things might not be so kosher.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Legally, she cannot do that.

Now, *if* she did...does it matter?
I don't know if I need an attorney. I don't know for sure that she has a life insurance policy out on me-- I just know that if there's any way she could, she would, and I suppose I'm trying to figure out whether she'd be willing to break the law for it.

I should add that she has "inside connections" with someone in this company and I'm concerned things might not be so kosher.
Again - why does it matter to you? What are your actual concerns?

TinkerBelleLuvr

While you are alive, NO ONE benefits right? If you are dead, well, then, YOU don't benefit. Has your mother recently threatened you with "I brought you into this world; I can take you out of it too?"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">