• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can I fight this

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadaboutdad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ga
My father passed away and I was beneficiary to all but one of his policies. The one policy he told me he changed from an old girl friend back to me but the insurance company says they still have the girlfriend as beneficiary. The insurance agent assured me that I was the beneficiary but after speaking to the company himself he changed his story. Help...what can I do. Also the agent told me my father had come in and changed the beneficiary and I think he lost the paperwork or never turned it in and my dad wanted me as the beneficiary not the ex girlfriend but the company tells me there is nothing I can do about it

Last edited:

sadaboutdad

no NOTHING....I have a letter my dad had written down the names of the people for me to call upon his death and how much the policies were for. He had only told me and my uncle that he had left everything to me

Dandy Don

Get a civil attorney or business law attorney who has experience with interpleader actions with insurance companies to let the insurance company know that you are protesting the designation and that you are requesting an interpleader action to let the court decides who gets the money. I'm wondering whether the girlfriend possibly submitted a fraudulent change of beneficiary designation form (with or without using a power of attorney). Something seems fishy here and an investigation may uncover exactly what happened. Hopefully there is paperwork in the file or a review of the account activity that may work in your favor.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Get a civil attorney or business law attorney who has experience with interpleader actions with insurance companies to let the insurance company know that you are protesting the designation and that you are requesting an interpleader action to let the court decides who gets the money. I'm wondering whether the girlfriend possibly submitted a fraudulent change of beneficiary designation form (with or without using a power of attorney). Something seems fishy here and an investigation may uncover exactly what happened. Hopefully there is paperwork in the file or a review of the account activity that may work in your favor.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])
I disagree -

This sounds more like Dad missed policy. This money does not belong to the OP...

sadaboutdad

No chance of the girlfriend doing anything...she doesn't even know my father has passed and I don't think she knows about the policy. My father nor any of our family has seen or heard from this lady in over 4 years. I need all the advice I can get. Don't really have the money to fight but I don't think it's right she benefit from my fathers death...seeing how she caused alot of problems for him and LOTS of DEBT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">