• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

everyday visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NHfather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH can My Ex go to court and stop me from seeing My kids everyday. Is there something wrong with Me wanting to see them everyday? No there are no legal issue preventing Me from seeing them. She some how believes it's an unrealistic expectation. Am I missing something? Is there a law in NH that a judge could throw at Me preventing Me from see My kids everyday?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH can My Ex go to court and stop me from seeing My kids everyday. Is there something wrong with Me wanting to see them everyday? No there are no legal issue preventing Me from seeing them. She some how believes it's an unrealistic expectation. Am I missing something? Is there a law in NH that a judge could throw at Me preventing Me from see My kids everyday?
You were not married to your ex correct? The judge can issue a court order stating the times when you are allowed to see your children WITHOUT permission of the other parent.

LdiJ

Every day is not realistic. Its great if parents agree and their lifestyle allows it, but there is little to no chance of a judge ordering that...with some exceptions.

One exception might be if you get off work in time each day to pick up the children from school, and mom doesn't get off work until 5 or 6. A judge in that circumstance might order that you get to have the kids after school each day until mom can pick them up after work.

NHfather

Every day is not realistic. One exception might be if you get off work in time each day to pick up the children from school, and mom doesn't get off work until 5 or 6. A judge in that circumstance might order that you get to have the kids after school each day until mom can pick them up after work.
Why can't I pick them up everyday after school? Keep them until Dinner. Also if I've read other post correctly her having or not having a job has n bearing on anything My divorce has None Zip Zero Visitation schedule. we sat right with all Lawyer's and when we discussed this issue we left it blank taking the court's out of it right off. Even did so
with CS (yes every month). Maybe everyday isn't what I'm really looking for but if I can pick My kids up from school (I can) everyday why does ANYONE have the right to refuse Me the simple attention of My children's company. All this of course is above and beyond any weekend's I would have them or any Holiday's

CJane

This was a DIVORCE and custody/visitation was not addressed AT ALL? Nor child support?

You need to dig out your decree and make sure there's not SOMETHING in there saying "as the parties agree" or something. Also, whether JOINT or SOLE custody was awarded.

LdiJ

Why can't I pick them up everyday after school? Keep them until Dinner. Also if I've read other post correctly her having or not having a job has n bearing on anything My divorce has None Zip Zero Visitation schedule. we sat right with all Lawyer's and when we discussed this issue we left it blank taking the court's out of it right off. Even did so
with CS (yes every month). Maybe everyday isn't what I'm really looking for but if I can pick My kids up from school (I can) everyday why does ANYONE have the right to refuse Me the simple attention of My children's company. All this of course is above and beyond any weekend's I would have them or any Holiday's
Dad, when parents are not together they have to share their children. If parents can agree on how to share their children, its great, and a judge will sign off on many creative or non-traditional schedules.

However, when the parents cannot agree then a judge has to make a decision, and its pretty rare for a judge to get very creative. Why? because both parents are entitled to a life...and children are entitled to some uninterrupted time with both parents.

Also, your court orders apparently make mom the custodial parent, and apparently give you no set visitation schedule, which basically puts you at the mercy of mom to a great extent.

You need a set schedule. If you and mom cannot agree the judge will have to decide. I sincerely doubt that the judge will give you every day after school, unless mom is working during that time every day. If mom is working during those hours you might get it, but you would be expected to handle homework with the children during that time.

haiku

I think yo uneed to dig out your court orders and then come back, I find it hard to believe this was not officially addressed in some way, legally.

As LDiJ stated it is very likely momis the custodial parent and you have "reasonable visitation" which means youn are at the mercy of mom, and if she says no, its no.

You can google the base New Hampshire parenting plan, and it will give you an idea of what to expect were you to go back to court and ask for a more traditional arrangement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">