• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50,000 dollars later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

book one

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina i paid child support for 15years the childs mother wanted more money i was living in fl and she and the child lived in south carolina my wife said get a dna test because south carolina only used blood test back then so i did take a dna test found out the child wasnt mine.i was really upset when i found out and found myself driving to south carolina to let her have a peace of my mind and heart in person but i stoped and just called to ask why after all these years you kept this lie. she told me to go scew myself .how do i get my funds back and can i have her charged with anything

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? south carolina i paid child support for 15years the childs mother wanted more money i was living in fl and she and the child lived in south carolina my wife said get a dna test because south carolina only used blood test back then so i did take a dna test found out the child wasnt mine.i was really upset when i found out and found myself driving to south carolina to let her have a peace of my mind and heart in person but i stoped and just called to ask why after all these years you kept this lie. she told me to go scew myself .how do i get my funds back and can i have her charged with anything
No you can't get the money back and no you can't have her "charged" with anything. Your wife is an absolute nasty B to have created this up-roar.

You are the father. LEGALLY. Embrace the concept and love your child.

HomeGuru

**A: are you listed as the father on the child's birth certificate?

You wont have her charged with anything and you wont get your money back.

It's terrible that she lied, but you cant do anything.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
can he not get paternity disestablished so that he doesn't have to continue paying?
Nope. The time to get paternity disestablished was a) at divorce; b) at the first court hearing concerning this child or c) before he established paternity by signing the AOP at birth. Any of those times. But not when the child is almost an adult and his wife decided to put him through this torture because she was jealous or selfish or just a buttinsky.

nextwife

. . . because south carolina only used blood test back then so i did take a dna test found out the child wasnt mine.i
Sounds to me like he DID have a test done, but it was insufficient to clearly establish/disestablish paternity. Or did I read this wrong?

VeronicaLodge

Nope. The time to get paternity disestablished was a) at divorce; b) at the first court hearing concerning this child or c) before he established paternity by signing the AOP at birth. Any of those times. But not when the child is almost an adult and his wife decided to put him through this torture because she was jealous or selfish or just a buttinsky.
thanks og :)

penelope10

Ya Know, not all dna labs are the most reliable either. Who exactly performed this test? Egads, how horrible for this teenager or young adult.

While I agree that Mom is no jewel herself, I have absolutely no respect for your current wife....After all these years was it truly worth knowing? (Since I'm assuming that you had a parent-child relationship with the child up until this time).

Last edited:

Drake01

South Carolina currently does not have a paternity fraud law. You can petition to have paternity disestablished siting that the DNA test consititues new evidence not available ealier. You probably won't win, but more men need to stand up to this sort of fraud if we want a soceity in which theives are not rewarded by our courts for their lies,
The truth is always worth knowing for the sake of knowing the truth. That courts will sit back and use the child as a shield to protect a theif from consequences is a sad commentary on how out of whack our soceity really is.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
South Carolina currently does not have a paternity fraud law. You can petition to have paternity disestablished siting that the DNA test consititues new evidence not available ealier. You probably won't win, but more men need to stand up to this sort of fraud if we want a soceity in which theives are not rewarded by our courts for their lies,
The truth is always worth knowing for the sake of knowing the truth. That courts will sit back and use the child as a shield to protect a theif from consequences is a sad commentary on how out of whack our soceity really is.
Dude what experience do you have? Please. Just tell us what your legal background is because you sure as heck haven't shown any legal knowledge.

He was determined BY A COURT to be daddy. He never had an issue until wifey poo stuck her nose in. A thief? Oh okay.

You know what is really sad? Your spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">