• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help employer appeals boards decision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ubi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Hi I was employed as a medical billing to call all patient,insurance for denials ,etc. But not for initial billing and coding. I was fired after 1 years of duration with the reason that I was not doing my coding properly. I applied for unemployment was accepted but the employer appealed it. I went to the Edd appeal hearing and was found illegible and was given my unemployment benefits but know I received another letter from unemployment appeal board as the doctor is appealing their decision. My main concern is what to expect in this appeal, would it be a good idea to hire a lawyer to represent me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and comments.

pattytx

You were found ineligible, not illegible (although your post was rather unintelligible).

Without knowing why you were fired and the reasons given for why the decision was overturned, we cannot offer an opinion.

ecmst12

Agreed.

How can the employer file a second appeal when they lost the first appeal? Is that really allowed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">