• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50,000 dollars later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelle214

Why are you guys blaming the wife for?
The wife was smart enough to give him a good advice and it is always better to know the truth. Always remember one way or another the truth comes out. According to some of you it was better for him to keep on paying more, for a child that is not his. Kudos to his wife. And ofcouse the B*** in this case is the ex. What is wrong with this world. ...?

Just Blue

Why are you guys blaming the wife for?
The wife was smart enough to give him a good advice and it is always better to know the truth. Always remember one way or another the truth comes out. According to some of you it was better for him to keep on paying more, for a child that is not his. Kudos to his wife. And ofcouse the B*** in this case is the ex. What is wrong with this world. ...?
Oh SHUT UP! The man is the LEGAL FATHER! END OF STORY! The wife is an ass for trying to interfere with the PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP!

Perky

South Carolina currently does not have a paternity fraud law. You can petition to have paternity disestablished siting that the DNA test consititues new evidence not available ealier. You probably won't win, but more men need to stand up to this sort of fraud if we want a soceity in which theives are not rewarded by our courts for their lies,
The truth is always worth knowing for the sake of knowing the truth. That courts will sit back and use the child as a shield to protect a theif from consequences is a sad commentary on how out of whack our soceity really is.

All I can say is, "I before E, except after C".

michelle214

Oh SHUT UP! The man is the LEGAL FATHER! END OF STORY! The wife is an ass for trying to interfere with the PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP!
You have no education. And, the wife did the right thing, im sure it was god that put it in her heart so the poor man would stop paying for someone else resposibility, he can still have a relationship with the child no one is saying he shouldn't but again if thats not his kid he shouldnt be paying for him/her. This is all the ex's fault. May be you are saying that because you have done this but if you were on his place you wouldnt like it for sure.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You have no education. And, the wife did the right thing, im sure it was god that put it in her heart so the poor man would stop paying for someone else resposibility, he can still have a relationship with the child no one is saying he shouldn't but again if thats not his kid he shouldnt be paying for him/her. This is all the ex's fault. May be you are saying that because you have done this but if you were on his place you wouldnt like it for sure.
Except... he DOESN'T stop paying. He is still legally the child's father, and that is not going to change at this point in time. And he is still responsible for helping support the kiddo.

nextwife

HE may be the LEGAL father, but it is critically important that a child's physicians know whether the family medical history they are utilizing is really applicable. There are many reasons to know if a person is or is not the bio-parent of one's child. In my case, I am NOT my child's bio-parent, but I sure would not want some diagnostician missing an important clue in treating kiddo die to being mislead as to us being her BIO parents. Being a legal parent has no bearing on how important it is for all parties to KNOW whether they are the bio parents- and even more important that the CHILD knows.

I think it's s total crock that any child is allowed to be forced to live a legal lie about someone being their "bioparent" who is not. There should never be misleading or lies about whether a party is or is not their bio-parent, and the law should not be encouraging the enforcement of a lie. Yes, he's legal dad, but all parties had the right to know something so important, whether he's BIOdad.. IMHO- moms who fail to disclose there could be another party as biodad SHOULD face legal consequences. Heck, if you fail yo disclose the basement is leaking you can get sued! Knowing if someone is the bioparent/child has to be of far graver importance, because the consequences of such a lie reach far beyond mere financial damage..

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOU are the one with no education. Are you the new wife? LEGALLY he is daddy and has been for 17 years. He was content with that until new wife pushed the issue. NOW the child's life gets destroyed as does his. LEGALLY she messed with a situation which has no benefit to anyone really.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
HE may be the LEGAL father, but it is critically important that a child's physicians know whether the family medical history they are utilizing is really applicable. There are many reasons to know if a person is or is not the bio-parent of one's child. In my case, I am NOT my child's bio-parent, but I sure would not want some diagnostician missing an important clue in treating kiddo die to being mislead as to us being her BIO parents. Being a legal parent has no bearing on how important it is for all parties to KNOW whether they are the bio parents- and even more important that the CHILD knows.

I think it's s total crock that any child is allowed to be forced to live a legal lie about someone being their "bioparent" who is not. There should never be misleading or lies about whether a party is or is not their bio-parent, and the law should not be encouraging the enforcement of a lie. Yes, he's legal dad, but all parties had the right to know something so important, whether he's BIOdad.. IMHO- moms who fail to disclose there could be another party as biodad SHOULD face legal consequences. Heck, if you fail yo disclose the basement is leaking you can get sued! Knowing if someone is the bioparent/child has to be of far graver importance, because the consequences of such a lie reach far beyond mere financial damage..
I understand your point. HOWEVER the problem is it doesn't seem as though this was fraud or done intentionally. This was not about the legal lie. It is about the OP wanting to bail on this child because his wife forced the issue and now his life and his child's life (because after 17 years or 15 or whatever this child should be his wholeheartedly) is destroyed. There were better ways of handling this and ways with more class.

michelle214

I understand your point. HOWEVER the problem is it doesn't seem as though this was fraud or done intentionally. This was not about the legal lie. It is about the OP wanting to bail on this child because his wife forced the issue and now his life and his child's life (because after 17 years or 15 or whatever this child should be his wholeheartedly) is destroyed. There were better ways of handling this and ways with more class.
LOL, you are talking about handling things with more class where in fact you are the one who needs to learn on how to share your opinion with more class. And FYI- i am not that guys wife but i do know that if my husband were to be in his shoes i would of done the same thing like i said the truth always comes out whether we like it or not thats why we need to think twice when saying who the father of our kid is if we are not too sure because at the end the mother would be hurting her own child. This is not the new wifes fault it is the EX's like i said.

pittrocks

Good, so you would have ruined your husband's life and the child's life as well?

Aren't you wonderful.

Women like you are a disgrace to the female species.

YOU are the one with no class. And if I weren't a lady, I'd tell you what I REALLY think.

Ta-ta!

penelope10

LOL, you are talking about handling things with more class where in fact you are the one who needs to learn on how to share your opinion with more class. And FYI- i am not that guys wife but i do know that if my husband were to be in his shoes i would of done the same thing like i said the truth always comes out whether we like it or not thats why we need to think twice when saying who the father of our kid is if we are not too sure because at the end the mother would be hurting her own child. This is not the new wifes fault it is the EX's like i said.
This was a relationship that went on as father and child for over fifteen years.
Methinks that this was more about the money for the current wife than doing the "noble" thing." Plus to cut out someone very important in his life so she could be #1. The shame of the matter is that this child is so close to the age of majority that cs is probably going to end soon anyway.

Tada! she thinks she won out. She's now #1 temporarily. However I think this is going to come back and bite her in the rear in the long run. This was truly a mean and vindictive thing to do--breakup a parent child relationship that had been established for years.

nextwife

This was a relationship that went on as father and child for over fifteen years.
Methinks that this was more about the money for the current wife than doing the "noble" thing." Plus to cut out someone very important in his life so she could be #1. The shame of the matter is that this child is so close to the age of majority that cs is probably going to end soon anyway.

Tada! she thinks she won out. She's now #1 temporarily. However I think this is going to come back and bite her in the rear in the long run. This was truly a mean and vindictive thing to do--breakup a parent child relationship that had been established for years.
If a person establishes a parent/child relationship FULLY informed about whether they are the biopaprent, biological relationships would make no difference fifteen years later. Many of us could care less whether our child is or is not our biological child. Not being bioparent shouldn't "ruin a relationshp", nor is anyone but the lying biomom to blame for the fact that the biodad turns out to now be discovered to NOT be legal dad.

Just because they didn't know the truth, yet, doesn't mean it wasn't out there to be discovered. Kiddo might have had some blood work done, a medical test, or maybe a science project where blood types, or eye color and dominant/recessive genes were studied, and then, VOILA, Kiddo suddenly realizes it.

Bottom line is this: only the Mom knows everyone she has had sex with. She has to KNOW that multiple partners can mean multiple potential fathers, unless she's been living in a cave with no electricity, all her life. Regardless of when and how the TRUTH is discovered, the lie was created by her in the first place. It would get outed at some point, with or without the new wife.

It's no different than adoptive parents who lie to their child about bioparenatge. If the truth is always known, it is never an issue later. One should NEVER lie about bioparentage.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
How's this for a classy opinion -- until you know the law, keep your mouth shut. If you want to pretend you know the law let the moderators check you out. Got it? Oh and further more as Garth Brook's said, just let me finish this glass and then you can .....

HomeGuru

How's this for a classy opinion -- until you know the law, keep your mouth shut. If you want to pretend you know the law let the moderators check you out. Got it? Oh and further more as Garth Brook's said, just let me finish this glass and then you can .....
**A: good one.

michelle214

LOL- you can check me out i have nothing to hide (If you can).
As far as I am concerned i never mentioned anything about any laws, so your comment is irrelevant.

Also, i can say whatever i want and feel and for that theres no need of me insulting people like you are doing. FREEDOM of Speech.

And like i said AGAIN This is All the Ex's fault no one else and if he was a good father this truth shouldnt change anything between him and the kid, they can still love each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">