• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Much Needed Advice!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truebluemd

BINGO!

OP, I think your CS was correctly calculated. If health insurance or child care were not included, then you should consider a modification, but it looks like the judge did his job right.

By you getting credit for your other child, it decreases your gross income, and your percentage of the combined child support, requiring him to pay more.

4children

Hi truebluemd,

He thinks that he did get credit. I can't explain what's going on. Both Judges on the Custody and the CS Secretary did call and say that X spoke to one of the other Secretaries. And when she get the Judge to look at the order again, she will contact me. This may take days.
I thank you for doing this.

Mom Gross- $2526

Mom- Number of Legal dependent children (1) other than 2 I'm seeking CS for.

Dad Gross- $3519
Dad carry insurance of $290 a month
There is know Daycare at this time.

I may have given you the wrong %s.
Total days in year each parent has custody:

Mom- 235 Each Parents custody share: Mom 65%
Dad - 130 Each Parents custody share: Dad 36%

Order shows Mom Gross at $2526-399 credit = 2127 @ 34%
Dad Gross at $3519 + that 502 = 4021 @ 66%

Number of children for whom support is sought 2

When I look at teh info you gave me, dad did not get credit for the other child. What happened is that his gross income got increased by 502, but I dont know why. If he got credit for gf child, his income would decrease, which in turn decreases the combined child support and his percentage.

What I dont understand, is why your share is 65 percent when he makes more than you. I put the number in my self and his share is about 60 percent. Is daycare involved. Who pays health insurance, how much. If you send me the numbers, Ill try to run them for you on the worksheet

Last edited:

truebluemd

did you get a copy of the worksheet to see how the number were entered. In my county, they always give us a copy of the worksheet

Anywho, I see that without the 502 additional, dad owes you 592/month for two kids.

With the additional 502, dad owes you 684, or somewhere in those ballparks. What is currently his monthly obligation. I didnt see a worksheet for shared income.

PS - Make sure you propery use the quotes when quoting me or others so we know the difference between what we said, and your responses.

Last edited:

4children

Hi truebluemd,

He thinks that he did get credit. I can't explain what's going on. Both Judges on the Custody and the CS Secretary did call and say that X spoke to one of the other Secretaries. And when she it the Judge to look at the order again, she will contact me.
I thank you for doing this.

Mom Gross- $2526

Mom- Number of Legal dependent children (1) other than 2 I'm seeking CS for.

Dad Gross- $3519
Dad carry insurance of $290
There is know Daycare at this time.

I may have given you the wrong %s.
Total days in year each parent has custody:

Mom- 235 Each Parents custody share: Mom 65%
Dad - 130 Each Parents custody share: Dad 36%

Order shows Mom Gross at $2526-399 credit = 2127 @ 34%
Dad Gross at $3519 + that 502 = 4021 @ 66%

Number of children for whom support is sought 2

Quote: When I look at teh info you gave me, dad did not get credit for the other child. What happened is that his gross income got increased by 502, but I dont know why. If he got credit for gf child, his income would decrease, which in turn decreases the combined child support and his percentage.

What I dont understand, is why your share is 65 percent when he makes more than you. I put the number in my self and his share is about 60 percent. Is daycare involved. Who pays health insurance, how much. If you send me the numbers, Ill try to run them for you on the worksheet

4children

did you get a copy of the worksheet to see how the number were entered. In my county, they always give us a copy of the worksheet

Anywho, I see that without the 502 additional, dad owes you 592/month for two kids.

With the additional 502, dad owes you 684, or somewhere in those ballparks. What is currently his monthly obligation. I didnt see a worksheet for shared income.

PS - Make sure you propery use the quotes when quoting me or others so we know the difference between what we said, and your responses.
The Judge calculation with the 399 credit for Mom and what ever the 502 for Dad means, the child support Dad is obligated to pay is- $419.00 a month at this time. I assumed it was because of shared custody. Because the amount is higher on the Va. CS guideline

4children

BINGO!

OP, I think your CS was correctly calculated. If health insurance or child care were not included, then you should consider a modification, but it looks like the judge did his job right.

By you getting credit for your other child, it decreases your gross income, and your percentage of the combined child support, requiring him to pay more.
truebluemd,
Dad's insurance is 290 a month
and there's no child care expenses.

So, that means that the insurance will reduce the child support for the kids. Will that be the percentage of the 290.00 or the whole 290.00?

Perky

truebluemd,

So, that means that the insurance will reduce the child support for the kids. Will that be the percentage of the 290.00 or the whole 290.00?
The amount he can deduct is the amount that he has to pay for family coverage minus the cost of single coverage for himself. If he doesn't have to pay for single coverage, then he can deduct the whole amount.

truebluemd

truebluemd,

from what I remember when I did the calculation, the amount is deducted from the combined CS obligation, then he pays his percentage of the remaining CS.

truebluemd

Yes, but insurance must be paid. Its a lil different in my state, where insurance is deducted from dads share of the CS, not the combined CS

4children

Thanks to everyone for your help. You-all made it much clear. Now I'll wait patiently to see why the $502.00 was added to Dads gross calculation. Will let you-all know.

Thanks again,
and Have a Bless Day

4children

Is he the LEGAL father?

Nextwife. Are you asking about my Biological daughter, or the child which Dad is trying to get credit for with a live-in girlfriend. By, the way. What is the meaning of AOP?

It matters not whether he's the biodad IF he is the LEGAL dad. For example, if he signed the AOP, he could be legal dad, but not biodad.
If you're talking about the girlfriend child. If, I'm correct, her Biological Father is very involved in the child life. X is a very mulipitive (properly smelled wrong) man. He, has and will do anything to get his way. Especially, getting out of his obligation. I have let him run the show for eight years now. (Control me.) I signed myself into a Mental Institute at one time, to get help and to get away from him. And, he even used that against me, when he got the opportunity. I was feeling sorry for myself letting a man control me that way. I learned that abuse is abuse rather you have the scars or not. He never hit me. Mentally, I was out of it. Through all of that, I still will not allow myself to hate him. He's not worth me going to the Pit. I've lived in h***, here on earth with him already.

Last edited:

4children

4 children, does Dad perhaps have a little part time job you do not know about but DCSEA found out about? it could account for the 502.00
Not sure, but I don't put anything pass him. Since November of 08, he started working, as he say on his Permanent job 12 hours a day, 5-7 days a week. Told the Judge at our last Custody date , that's why he wasn't spending much time with Our children. Still, they are with me everyday of the week, to the exception of school, and the 4-5hours after school they spend with him. (With Dad 20-25 hours a week.)
Dad works third shift as of Nov. Then, when I petition for CS, he told the other Judge that now he is only working 32 hours a week, and show only 1 check stub instead of the 4 that was requested, and they let him get away with that. He is still bringing the kids at the same time as if he is working 40 plus hours. The Judge that have the CS case, and the Judge that have the Child Custody case have the same Secretary. Hope that each Judge keep good notes, and all X lies catch up with him.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">