• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Involuntary Servitude

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Does any one know if a case involving "Involuntary Servitude" protected by the 13th Amendment has been heard in the Ohio courts?

Permanent spousal support for a working, healthy, young adult???

Big question. If I have an "obligation" to a marriage which she voluntarily decided we were "incompatible" after learning of the "Ohio Lottery Spousal Support". What is HER "obligation" to the marriage? Since everything else was divided 50/50.

Any comments are very appreciated.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Does any one know if a case involving "Involuntary Servitude" protected by the 13th Amendment has been heard in the Ohio courts?

Forget it. The outlook of the judiciary AND the legislature is that women need to be supported by men. This fact was set in stone when you married her.

Permanent spousal support for a working, healthy, young adult???

Sucks doesn't it? It amounts to the luck of the draw when you were assigned the idiot judge.

Big question. If I have an "obligation" to a marriage which she voluntarily decided we were "incapable" after learning of the "Ohio Lottery Spousal Support". What is HER "obligation" to the marriage?

Nothing, you married her and just like athelete's foot, the law says you'll NEVER be rid of her unless SHE decides she doesn't want your money anymore (better chance of hell freezing over first!!).

Since everything else was divided 50/50.

Any comments are very appreciated.

Thanks again!
My advice, DO NOT make the same mistake again!!

Thank you for your comments.

The men and women I have talked to are outraged by the award. It is a slap in the face to their own hard work and determination, while someone else works the system for handouts.

I would think a very short term (if any) diminishing award that would reduce annually to promote self-support would be practical. The current award seems to penalize either party for self-improvement. Why not get an unfortunate event over, with no ties, and let the parties move on with their lives.

You are right that the lottery award provided that her obligation was nothing and that my obligation was $400,000 or 9 years of my salary. HOW COULD THAT EVEN REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED JUSTICE?

Last edited:

CourtClerk

If you have a specific legal question, post it. If you just want to banter about what the law is and how you got screwed, find another place for that.

Gee, Courtclerk. I thought the questions were quite clear in my original post. Then I thought I was clearly responding to Bali.

Did you have any answers????? Or are you just going to banter?

Not being mean, just trying to get answers and insight. Not rude, unprofessional comments.

Last edited:

Bali Hai

Thank you for your comments.

The men and women I have talked to are outraged by the award. It is a slap in the face to their own hard work and determination, while someone else works the system for handouts.

I would think a very short term (if any) diminishing award that would reduce annually to promote self-support would be practical. The current award seems to penalize either party for self-improvement. Why not get an unfortunate event over, with no ties, and let the parties move on with their lives.

You are right that the lottery award provided that her obligation was nothing and that my obligation was $400,000 or 9 years of my salary. HOW COULD THAT EVEN REMOTELY BE CONSIDERED JUSTICE?[/QUOTE]

You are confusing fair and "equitable" with justice. The judge's "discretionary" rulings were the justice you received.

An ex-state police investigator turned city judge once told me: "The prisons are filled with innocent people who want justice, and, whether they were innocent or guilty, THEY GOT JUSTICE!!

The system is set up against you because you are a man and most likely had more drive to succeed in life than your ex-wife. The judiciary, like Robin Hood, takes from the hard working successful people and gives to the bums around us.

Thank you again for your insight!

What can be done to change this? I'll admit I'm a bit old fashioned, but this goes against everything I was raised to believe in and my father fought for.

I don't plan on laying down and being a slave the rest of my life.

What can I do?****************************. Please help anyone !!!

Last edited:

Bali Hai

Thank you again for your insight!

What can be done to change this? I'll admit I'm a bit old fashioned, but this goes against everything I was raised to believe in and my father fought for.

I don't plan on laying down and being a slave the rest of my life.

What can I do?****************************. Please help anyone !!!
Quite frankly, nothing you do can change this and I'm afraid more laws biased against men are coming down the pipe.

The legislatures and judiciaries are infested with women libbers who want to dominate men and make them their slaves.

Government officials are VOTED into office and perform (enact and enforce laws) the will of the voters. The women's movement is a very powerful lobby.

About the only thing you can do at this point is DO NOT under any circumstances marry again!!

Unfortunately the man who isn't married yet will only see the reality of what you and I see after it's too late. It's up to you and I and others like us to try and talk sense into these men. That's about the only thing we can do.

Last edited:
I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately, I was one of those un-informed men.

I was concentrating on being a good husband / father and a productive citizen. Now, I feel I'm being penalized for being responsible.

I thought the judicial system was somewhat self-governing and had enough professional people to keep this type of injustice in check.

Looks like it's about time for another tea party.

Anyone know the proper chain of legislature to get this started? I'm proud to be American, but will never be a slave.

outhouse

your not alone and men are the victim to a biased system.

I have %88 custody of my daughter because the mother was charged with 3 counts of child endangerment and is still on supervised visitation. the charges were differed [dropped in lieu of 12 parenting classes] i was the victim of her domestic violence but because im a boxer [hobby level] and very physicaly fit she could not hurt me so i basicaly I cant prove DV allthough i have called 911 twice to stop the violence in front of my daughter. i have a police report stating mother was very hysterical and unstable, [yet to be seen by a judge because my lawyer dropped the ball and did not introduce evidence because she is a feminist **** and stated i should not be vindictive and just move on what a croc, evidence is evidence the judge should see it to make a proper judgement for the safety of my daughter ] a mediation report claiming mother needs a psyc eval a second mediation report claiming psyc eval was of no value because no test were done. i have a doctors report from the mother claiming anxiety and depression that goes against the psyc eval. judge ruled against a proper psyc eval because judge said her mental illness is situational and ordered a in house supervisor to watch for 4 sessions at 1.5 hours wich i have to pay %50 i know the ex will pass as its not a evaluation and any crazy person can hold it together for a few hours. [she fooled me for years]

the female judge has ruled temporary spousal support paid to a healthy mother [working part time only so she can have supervised visitation 3 days a week] for a short term 7 year marriage. mother has child 84 hours a month but was assessed %20. both of our incomes do not support 2 housholds so the judge has decided i guess that both parents starving is better then having 1 solid stable enviroment. and rewarded the mother spousal support for her admitted DV [but not charged], child endangerment [charged] and making flase claims of abuse to gain the upper hand in a custody battle. [not yet charged]

sorry to go on but your not alone

outhouse

sorry to rant, and women are abuse as well i know that does not meen that the laws are not biased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">