• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permanent Spousal Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Does anyone know of a case using the defense of "Involuntary Servitude" against alimony (male or female)? Or, the best way to research this question?

Your comments are very appreciated.

"AN UNJUST LAW, IS NO LAW AT ALL" St. Augustine
We have a duty and moral obligation to resist and change such laws.

Last edited:

Please accept my apologies Ohiogal.

I didn't see an answer on the last thread. Can you help?

Sorry

Last edited:
Thanks much "thedoctorisin"

Very interesting document and co-authored male and female.

Appreciate the help. I hope to see more info

Thanks again.

Bali Hai

Please accept my apologies Ohiogal.

I didn't see an answer on the last thread.

Sorry
Justice, you can google "13th amendment alimony" and stay up the rest of the night there reading all the hits.

Remember, higher courts are going to rule based on law and proper procedure and if you bring an involuntary servitude case to them regarding your alimony that is clearly a statute on the books in your state, don't be surprised that they elect to dismiss your case without even hearing it.

Heck, I'm sure the US Supreme Court would not even hear that case because of the uproar among women it would create all across the nation.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with you, but, as I told you in so many words in your other thread that society gets what society wants whether it's unfair, unjust or in the form of involuntary servitude.

Good luck.

Thanks for your comments Bali. It's a duty and moral responsibility to roar back.

Does anyone know a link where I can find a detailed summary of alimony laws compared in all Fifty States?

Thank you for your great service here!

Gee, Country, lighten up and smell the grass.

I was just asking for help to save me the time. So, if you could please help, I would appreciate it. I have a battle ahead of me.

No exam needed, I just got the lesson of my short life.

Thanks

LdiJ

Thanks for your comments Bali. It's a duty and moral responsibility to roar back.

Does anyone know a link where I can find a detailed summary of alimony laws compared in all Fifty States?

Thank you for your great service here!
I sincerely doubt that such a site exists. It may, but its not very likely.
Besides, the only state that matters is the state that has jurisdiction of your case.

Thank you LDiJ

Permanent Spousal Support seems to be a very, very controversial topic. And I feel I have a duty (and no choice) but to fight this with everything I have left in me.

Part of that strategy would be educating others on the seemingly hugh disparity in state guidelines and laws. Something is horribly wrong.

Thanks again for your comments, I appreciate your service here!

Last edited:

Bali Hai

I sincerely doubt that such a site exists. It may, but its not very likely.
Besides, the only state that matters is the state that has jurisdiction of your case.
Not so fast and abrupt LdiJ, and I refer to Orr vs. Orr in Alabama where that state tried to enact laws where men and NOT women were required to pay alimony.

In short the US Supreme Court with a whopping kick, ruled Alabama's biased legislature unconstitutional!!

I see Justice's point and it's only a matter of time before people like us are HEARD!!

Proserpina

Not so fast and abrupt LdiJ, and I refer to Orr vs. Orr in Alabama where that state tried to enact laws where men and NOT women were required to pay alimony.

In short the US Supreme Court with a whopping kick, ruled Alabama's biased legislature unconstitutional!!

I see Justice's point and it's only a matter of time before people like us are HEARD!!
:eek::eek::eek:

For real?! Bali, thanks for mentioning that! Now I'll have to veni, vidi, googli just to see with my own eyes how insane that proposal actually was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">