• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New wife is driving me crazy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chixalot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I've always gotten my answers from previous posts and never had to register, so thanks for that. Here goes.

I had a child out of wedlock in 2006 while legally sep from husband. The only existing CO is for CS and Med. Ins. I have not seen or heard from the father in nearly two years.(child is 2 1/2) Even after a verbal agreement between the two of us for a graduated visitation schedule.He stated "I don't even want him til' he can wipe his own a**. I think a judge would offer close to the same schedule, but, not sure.

Two years pass...Father's got a new wife that begins emailing me rants of how furious she is at the expense of health ins. and CS and that her hubby needs to see his child. I do not respond. I get another email threatening to seek custody, among other things. She contacts my 13yo son via Myspace. Well, that was it. I responded by informing her to not contact or harass me or my 13 yo by any means. Also to have the father email me with his number,I'd discuss any issues with the child with him. She keeps emailing me,but no contact info.

I know I'll end up in court. So, anything I say to her will be held against me.So, My questions are: 1) Is she harassing me?2)By not communicating with her,is it like withholding visitation from him? 3) I'm sure they'll have me in court and I plan on taking an attorney. Should I let the father make the first move?

Any help appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I've always gotten my answers from previous posts and never had to register, so thanks for that. Here goes.

I had a child out of wedlock in 2006 while legally sep from husband. The only existing CO is for CS and Med. Ins. I have not seen or heard from the father in nearly two years.(child is 2 1/2) Even after a verbal agreement between the two of us for a graduated visitation schedule.He stated "I don't even want him til' he can wipe his own a**. I think a judge would offer close to the same schedule, but, not sure.

Two years pass...Father's got a new wife that begins emailing me rants of how furious she is at the expense of health ins. and CS and that her hubby needs to see his child. I do not respond. I get another email threatening to seek custody, among other things. She contacts my 13yo son via Myspace. Well, that was it. I responded by informing her to not contact or harass me or my 13 yo by any means. Also to have the father email me with his number,I'd discuss any issues with the child with him. She keeps emailing me,but no contact info.

I know I'll end up in court. So, anything I say to her will be held against me.So, My questions are: 1) Is she harassing me?2)By not communicating with her,is it like withholding visitation from him? 3) I'm sure they'll have me in court and I plan on taking an attorney. Should I let the father make the first move?

Any help appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You have no obligation to communicate with the wife whatsoever. You are not witholding visitation by not communicating with her. Let them take you to court ~ just be ready.

Keep myspace communications with your son as evidence of her harassment. and intrusion in your life and the life of your son.

2Mistakes

You have no obligation to communicate with the wife whatsoever. You are not witholding visitation by not communicating with her. Let them take you to court ~ just be ready.

Keep myspace communications with your son as evidence of her harassment. and intrusion in your life and the life of your son.
Just a slight correction.

There is no 'them' who can take mom to court.

Only dad can do so. New wife can't do jack.

mommyof4

No court order that dictates custody/parenting time = No denial of visitation.

(just a bit of reassurance)

There's always one bad apple to spoil the bunch, isn't there? Ahh well.

I wouldn't worry about court. Only you or Dad can open a court case, and it doesn't sound like Dad is any more interested in his son than he was two years ago. Worst case scenario: Dad does take you to court and judge orders graduated visitation, but my guess is that Dad will lose interest after a couple of months anyway.

For now, keep the documentation like the above posters suggested. Good luck!

Chixalot

Thanks

Thanks for everything guys. I have also decided the child will not leave my house without a court order. That's all I know to do until custody is legally settled. Again, thanks for all of your input!

Antigone*

Thanks for everything guys. I have also decided the child will not leave my house without a court order. That's all I know to do until custody is legally settled. Again, thanks for all of your input!
Take care Chix...remember it is always all about the kids :)

~ ana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">