• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My lawyer forgot to tell me court was adjourned!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoriS

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I live in another state. Court was scheduled in Michigan. Took time off work, including a day travel to and then a day travel home. Went to court only to find out that it had been adjourned, and my own lawyer forgot to call and tell me. Is it fair for me to ask for a credit on my bill? This was a very expensive mistake, plus I have to go back when it is re-scheduled.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I live in another state. Court was scheduled in Michigan. Took time off work, including a day travel to and then a day travel home. Went to court only to find out that it had been adjourned, and my own lawyer forgot to call and tell me. Is it fair for me to ask for a credit on my bill? This was a very expensive mistake, plus I have to go back when it is re-scheduled.
Yes , it's fair . Insist on the credit.

From now on call the Court/attorney's office to confirm .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">