• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please, I need advice asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cobrakai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I know I've done a lot of this to myself, but my son's mom hates my on again, off again girlfriend. She probably has good reason to. I should let you know, that a month or two into my girlfriend's and mine relationship, I slept with my son's mom out of stupidity. Well I told my girlfriend a few months later and then things began to unravel. She held my cell phone so I never had it. Had all my email passwords and anytime I talked to my son or son's mom she always had to be there listening.
I wanted out of the relationship with my girlfriend, but had no place to go so I stuck it out. We argued a lot! I told my son's mom most of what happened. She slapped me a few times. Wouldn't let me leave the house one time for a half hour to pick up my son because we were arguing.
Long story short, I moved out the first of this month from my girlfriend's without her even knowing until she got home from work. Oh yeah, we work together. She threatened my job saying we couldn't work together if we weren't dating because it would be too hard on her. She's not my boss or anything, just would cause trouble she says. Well my son's mom knows all this stuff. So now she states today she's going to the court to try and get my visits restricted or supervised because "I lack the ability to make sound decisions" and allow/ed myself to be involved with an emotionally and physically abusive woman who is not mentally sound or safe.
I guess I need to know..Does my son's mom have enough to get my visits restricted or supervised? What should I do to take care of all this stuff? We currently have a Temporary Parenting Plan in place and our Settlement Conference is next week actually.
Thank you much for any help on this crazy matter.

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I know I've done a lot of this to myself, but my son's mom hates my on again, off again girlfriend. She probably has good reason to. I should let you know, that a month or two into my girlfriend's and mine relationship, I slept with my son's mom out of stupidity. Well I told my girlfriend a few months later and then things began to unravel. She held my cell phone so I never had it. Had all my email passwords and anytime I talked to my son or son's mom she always had to be there listening.
I wanted out of the relationship with my girlfriend, but had no place to go so I stuck it out. We argued a lot! I told my son's mom most of what happened. She slapped me a few times. Wouldn't let me leave the house one time for a half hour to pick up my son because we were arguing.
Long story short, I moved out the first of this month from my girlfriend's without her even knowing until she got home from work. Oh yeah, we work together. She threatened my job saying we couldn't work together if we weren't dating because it would be too hard on her. She's not my boss or anything, just would cause trouble she says. Well my son's mom knows all this stuff. So now she states today she's going to the court to try and get my visits restricted or supervised because "I lack the ability to make sound decisions" and allow/ed myself to be involved with an emotionally and physically abusive woman who is not mentally sound or safe.
I guess I need to know..Does my son's mom have enough to get my visits restricted or supervised? What should I do to take care of all this stuff? We currently have a Temporary Parenting Plan in place and our Settlement Conference is next week actually.
Thank you much for any help on this crazy matter.
wait, your ex is accusing your girlfriend of being abusive, but SHE slapped you around?

why did you not file a report of battery?

i honestly see ex's motion being denied. don't agree to it

cobrakai

wait, your ex is accusing your girlfriend of being abusive, but SHE slapped you around?

why did you not file a report of battery?

i honestly see ex's motion being denied. don't agree to it
to clarify, my 'girlfriend slapped me' about 3 different times because of the cheating incident and her being mad from us arguing. I never filed a report because I didn't want to cause more drama and I guess I'm just too passive. I never hit her or anything.

Isis1

to clarify, my 'girlfriend slapped me' about 3 different times because of the cheating incident and her being mad from us arguing. I never filed a report because I didn't want to cause more drama and I guess I'm just too passive. I never hit her or anything.
was your child present during this episode?

cobrakai

was your child present during this episode?
nope, never.

my son's mom basic argument is that I am unable to make sound, wise decisions and am putting myself and my son is possible danger of my 'girlfriend' because she is unstable and abusive.
Is her argument legit. I don't even want to be with this gal, but she is threatening my job environment by talking to my supervisor saying she can't work with me. I have bills to pay and the job market isn't that great as we all know.

Isis1

nope, never.

my son's mom basic argument is that I am unable to make sound, wise decisions and am putting myself and my son is possible danger of my 'girlfriend' because she is unstable and abusive.
Is her argument legit. I don't even want to be with this gal, but she is threatening my job environment by talking to my supervisor saying she can't work with me. I have bills to pay and the job market isn't that great as we all know.
are you still with this girl-friend?

as for work, let the boss know you ARE able to work with her. if she can't, that's her problem.

cobrakai

are you still with this girl-friend?

as for work, let the boss know you ARE able to work with her. if she can't, that's her problem.
Does she think I'm with her? Yes. Do I want to be with her..NO. The only reason I appease her is because she has my email passwords and the job issue. But I'll talk to my boss after my days off let her know the situation. Right now I'm more worried about my son and seeing him.

Isis1

Does she think I'm with her? Yes. Do I want to be with her..NO. The only reason I appease her is because she has my email passwords and the job issue. But I'll talk to my boss after my days off let her know the situation. Right now I'm more worried about my son and seeing him.
change your e-mail passwords. right now. this moment. go talk to your boss. let him/her know. tell him/her you are willing to work with her in a professional manner.

respond to the motion your son's mother filed. let the judge know your "girlfriend" is not a danger to your child. and you are no longer with said "girlfriend".

sound decision is pointless. mom slept with you. an ex. that puts her in the category of being unable to make a sound decision. :rolleyes:

cobrakai

change your e-mail passwords. right now. this moment. go talk to your boss. let him/her know. tell him/her you are willing to work with her in a professional manner.

respond to the motion your son's mother filed. let the judge know your "girlfriend" is not a danger to your child. and you are no longer with said "girlfriend".

sound decision is pointless. mom slept with you. an ex. that puts her in the category of being unable to make a sound decision. :rolleyes:
I can't change my email passwords, she is the only one who knows them.

cobrakai

dude, grow a pair. get your OWN e-mail account.
I do have my own email, the thing is the email she has the password to has a lot of my important saved emails.

Back to my son's situation, how will I know if my son's mom filed a motion? What do I do if I go to get him today for my 3pm pick up time and she doesn't let me have him?

Isis1

I do have my own email, the thing is the email she has the password to has a lot of my important saved emails.

Back to my son's situation, how will I know if my son's mom filed a motion? What do I do if I go to get him today for my 3pm pick up time and she doesn't let me have him?
if mom files a motion correctly, you will be served. you will have a certain amount of days to respond.

go at 3pm to pick up your child. if mom denies, or is not there, file a police report. do not let the officer talk you out of it. just be firm and polite. once you have a copy, file for contempt for mom denying you visitation.

and let everyone you know, to not respond to your old e-mail address. get a new one.

Based on your allegations about your girlfriend, do you really think those "important emails" are still there?

I had/have a very controlling ex too but that didn't stop me from creating my own email account and hiding it from him. If you can get her to *allow* you into YOUR email account one more time, either download or forward all (or as much of it as you can) of the important stuff to your new account.

Going forward, for any critically important emails you think you might need in the future - print them out and keep them in a safe place! Emails can disappear or... in your case, become inaccessible.

I can't comment on any of your legal questions - sorry.

Good luck!

Just Blue

For God's sake! Change your passwords! Grow some stones! Stay away from this woman outside of work and do not un-necessarily deal with her IN work.

cobrakai

For God's sake! Change your passwords! Grow some stones! Stay away from this woman outside of work and do not un-necessarily deal with her IN work.
well mom says i get to pick up my son at 3 today. Not sure if I should be expecting to be served papers when i get there or not.

As for the email passwords, I installed keystroke spy gear on my laptop. Later tonight I'm taking my laptop over to the soon to be ex-girlfriend, tell her to please check my emails so I can see if anything new has come(She does this for me all the time). After she does this I'll have hopefully the passwords to my emails and that situation is taken care of. I'll go home and then change them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">