• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help filing-just basic instructions or help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dehkin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi. I received very useful information from the members on here once and I hope I will again.

Ok. I am the step-mother in this situation. The original custody order is in Chester County. My husband and I live in Berks County.

I helped him file for emergency temporary custody of his two children. The Family Court gave him a court date. She said that we will also need to file for modification and relocation for the second court date. She said that those two things are harder than what we have already done.

So my question is, how do I go about doing that? I will be using the Law Library, but they cannot help me in anyway. What forms will I need? Who all will need a copy of it? And anything else you can tell me.

Thank you very much in advance for any and all advice.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi. I received very useful information from the members on here once and I hope I will again.

Ok. I am the step-mother in this situation. The original custody order is in Chester County. My husband and I live in Berks County.

I helped him file for emergency temporary custody of his two children. The Family Court gave him a court date. She said that we will also need to file for modification and relocation for the second court date. She said that those two things are harder than what we have already done.

So my question is, how do I go about doing that? I will be using the Law Library, but they cannot help me in anyway. What forms will I need? Who all will need a copy of it? And anything else you can tell me.

Thank you very much in advance for any and all advice.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your husband needs to read the local rules and the rules of civil procedure. All parties to the case need a copy as does the court. Your husband also needs to realize that you cannot do the filing, writing or preparing for him as that can lead you down the road of UPL. You don't want that. There are NOT forms for everything.

dehkin

Your husband needs to read the local rules and the rules of civil procedure. All parties to the case need a copy as does the court. Your husband also needs to realize that you cannot do the filing, writing or preparing for him as that can lead you down the road of UPL. You don't want that. There are NOT forms for everything.
Thank you very much for your answer. I have one more question. What is UPL? Did I do something I wasn't supposed to do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you very much for your answer. I have one more question. What is UPL? Did I do something I wasn't supposed to do?
UPL is Unauthorized Practice of Law. You need to be careful how much you do. You can gather information but hubby really needs to take the reigns. Tell him to start reading the local rules and rules of civil procedure.

dehkin

UPL is Unauthorized Practice of Law. You need to be careful how much you do. You can gather information but hubby really needs to take the reigns. Tell him to start reading the local rules and rules of civil procedure.

Thank you very much. I would have never known that. It's very hard not to help though. I will make sure he reads the books in the Law Library and types up the forms himself from now on though.

Thank you for the fast responses. Have a great day!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">