• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is a short sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? md

when a house has to go into short sale, what are the responsibilities/penalties for the seller(owner).

ok i googled it and I know what a short sale is. My other question stands. Are there any penalties on the seller? does it affect the seller credit?

ecmst12

It really depends on what you work out with your lender. You would need personalized professional advice to move forward with this - talk to a realtor who is experienced with short sales.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ok i googled it and I know what a short sale is. My other question stands. Are there any penalties on the seller? does it affect the seller credit?
Most likely your credit would be negatively affected AND you would owe the difference between the selling price and the mortgage(s) which you would pay back by way of a personal loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">