• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prove welfare fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

taraw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. I hope this is the correct area for the subject. I am new to this kind of thing.
My son started dating a girl right before going to Iraq. This girl is known to use people for whatever she can get out of them. While in Iraq, she sends him messages every day telling him that they are in love. My son believes her after some time and asks her to marry him when he gets back. The girl has a baby by someone else. She is 19 and collecting welfare and $100.00 per week child support. She tells my son how hard it is for her to pay her bills. She has been telling people that we (his family) hate him and he has to live with her when he comes home because he has nowhere else to live. We allow him to live in one of our rental homes for free! She is saying the I just want to control him and that I should get over it because I no longer have control over him. God only knows what else she is saying, and what she is making him believe. We were communicating via Myspace, and now I cant even send my son a message and tell him that I love him because she has his password and deletes the messages from family members. She informed me that she is on welfare and she is not ashamed of it because her parents worked all of their lives and so she is intitled to it! (classy girl) He gave her his bank account number to help her with the bills!! He has been paying for the extras like cable, internet, cell phone and bill etc... My husband is POA of our sons bank account and sees all of his money being wasted. He is in Iraq and won't have a pot to pee in nor a window to throw it out of when he gets back! The problem is, our son is sending her a lot of money via western union or somehow transfering over the internet. How can we find out exactly where the money is going. It doesn't show on the bank statements because of where he is, it shows AAFES or POS, APO, and things like that. I want her to be turned in for welfare fraud. I am disgusted that she is taking all of his money and not reporting it to welfare. I have sent email complaints and left messages for the attorney general etc... no response as of yet. What else can I do? I want to make sure she gets caught. I hate when people take advantage of welfare benefits.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You can drop a dime to the state welfare offices (or more than likely the county office) on her, but if your son wants to give her money, that's his choice as an adult. He'll have to learn a hard lesson and you'll have to back off and let him.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania. I hope this is the correct area for the subject. I am new to this kind of thing.
My son started dating a girl right before going to Iraq. This girl is known to use people for whatever she can get out of them. While in Iraq, she sends him messages every day telling him that they are in love. My son believes her after some time and asks her to marry him when he gets back. The girl has a baby by someone else. She is 19 and collecting welfare and $100.00 per week child support. She tells my son how hard it is for her to pay her bills. She has been telling people that we (his family) hate him and he has to live with her when he comes home because he has nowhere else to live. We allow him to live in one of our rental homes for free! She is saying the I just want to control him and that I should get over it because I no longer have control over him. God only knows what else she is saying, and what she is making him believe. We were communicating via Myspace, and now I cant even send my son a message and tell him that I love him because she has his password and deletes the messages from family members. She informed me that she is on welfare and she is not ashamed of it because her parents worked all of their lives and so she is intitled to it! (classy girl) He gave her his bank account number to help her with the bills!! He has been paying for the extras like cable, internet, cell phone and bill etc... My husband is POA of our sons bank account and sees all of his money being wasted. He is in Iraq and won't have a pot to pee in nor a window to throw it out of when he gets back! The problem is, our son is sending her a lot of money via western union or somehow transfering over the internet. How can we find out exactly where the money is going. It doesn't show on the bank statements because of where he is, it shows AAFES or POS, APO, and things like that. I want her to be turned in for welfare fraud. I am disgusted that she is taking all of his money and not reporting it to welfare. I have sent email complaints and left messages for the attorney general etc... no response as of yet. What else can I do? I want to make sure she gets caught. I hate when people take advantage of welfare benefits.
quoting for posterity's sake:rolleyes:.

While I agree that this girl is a class act, I just don't see where her collecting welfare for the baby she has with this other guys is fraudulent.

taraw

rolling your eyes?

she is on welfare. she collects child support from the baby daddy....she is also using my sons bank account....My son isnt the baby daddy....as I roll my eyes. She is not reporting the $3-$4,000.00 that she has access to every month. I dont care what my son does with his money....but I do care that girls like her bleed the system and their boyfriends dry. My son will return from Iraq next month. She sent me an email yesterday telling me that she broke up with him. Isnt that a surprise!

commentator

commentator

You can report her, it sounds as though you may have already done so, though going through the a.g.'s office may not have been as fast or efficient as reporting her directly to the local entity. Be sure to mention the records you have from your son's bank account transactions showing how much money she was receiving from him each month that you can prove.

She may very well be under investigation at this very minute. You will not know about this unless she tells you.

What they cannot do, even if she is under investigation, is call you back and say, "Gee, you know, you were right, that classy girl was not reporting all that income to us!" In other words, they may be investigating her right now, and you will have no way of knowing, or finding out what ever became of the situation, though you were the one who reported her.

They will never give your son's money back to him. What they would do is require back the cash value of the amount of food stamps or medicaid or aid for dependent children back from her that she received while not reporting the monies she received from your son "under the table" so to speak. Or penalize her for a certain number of months from receiving assistance until she had made it up.

Actually it is very difficult to prove fraud under these circumstances. Like money received from prostitution, it is very hard to track this sort of income obtained as gifts from other devoted suitors who are not the child's father.

I agree, your son is an adult. You sound very ready to blame this girl, but he is the free agent who is giving her his money by his own choice. He won't wise up if you parents over-involve yourself in this, especially if you take such good care of him he doesn't suffer from the lack of the money he has thrown away on her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">